• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Florida Gulf Coast at TCU baseball series preview

Frog DJ

FGC catcher has to feel lower than dog feces.

His throw down to 2nd was WAY wide to the left.

He let a high, swinging third strike get all the way to the backstop.

Then, the 1st baseman tried to help him by stepping to the right of the bag to make his throw easier and the catcher threw wide left again, hitting the runner in the back and allowing the other runner to score from 2nd to win the game.

The FGC catcher practically handed the winning run to TCU all by himself.

Go Frogs!

Ok my man. Umps saw it differently, too.

So I was just reminded by a friend who used to play pro ball that MLB just changed the rule to include the space between the chalk and the infield grass as part of the running lane. If the NCAA adopted the same rule change then it was the right call, which should have always been the rule. I've always said that if the rule is interpreted as stated you might as well have an orange safety base in foul territory.

PurpleBlood87

Then, the 1st baseman tried to help him by stepping to the right of the bag to make his throw easier and the catcher threw wide left again, hitting the runner in the back and allowing the other runner to score from 2nd to win the game.

Go Frogs!

He made the throw from his knees from wall. It was tough to get much on it.

PurplFrawg

Administrator

Go Frogs!
I guess he could have held the ball, which would have prevented the run from scoring and given FGCU a little more life.

Brog

For us no shows, what was the final score? Last I heard we were way behind. Yeah, I know, the Staretlegram will have the score next weekend, but...