• The KillerFrogs

2023 BOWL GAMES THREAD

Good story - Zach Durfee is from Dawson Minnesota, population 1500 with a high school class of 30-some.

He went to North Dakota State as a student, passing up on a chance to play Division 3 basketball, but then after bulking up as a fitness hobby, he decided he wanted to try football and got accepted at Division 2 University of Sioux Falls. He had a redshirt learning year and then played well the next at defensive end, so he then transferred to Washington but had to sit out this year, until now.

He is 6’5” 255 pounds, and might get some snaps tonight. He should have two years of eligibility left to see what he can do.

Last edited:

froginmn

Not sure if maybe it’s an Outback Bowl thing, but if not, Wisconsin has adopted a train horn for touchdowns.

Edit: same thing for LSU, so it must be a stadium thing.
I've seen five or six games at Camp Randall over the last three years; nope.

Clearly we should have trademarked the Frog Horn.

Most of the stadium seats are red, and some gray in the lower seating, and the seating looks more than half empty - look at the upper deck. Oregon fans are not interested in beating Liberty, and Liberty fans are not interested in getting beat by Oregon. Just a bad matchup having a good Oregon team having to play the highest ranked G5 team - highest ranked because they were undefeated.

Last edited:

Chongo94

I’m sure it’s just my ocd but the fact that Liberty’s qb’s head covering has been off center/off-kilter the ENTIRE game just irks me to no end and makes me hope Oregon runs up the score on them. Of course I never like Liberty anyway so there’s that.

ShreveFrog

I’ve heard two references already today on how Michigan played “ sloppy” in the loss to TCU. Only sloppiness I saw was the botched handoff and fumble at the 1 (and their final play with the snap snafu.) The Frogs blew up their Philly Special as they tried to showboat. And Bud and Dee just made great plays for those pick 6s. That wasn’t Michigan being sloppy. That was TCU outplaying them.

Wexahu

Then don't watch? Seems pretty easy.

Liberty would have been playing at the opponents home stadium in the first round though so it won't be an issue. If this was a playoff game in Eugene the stadium would be packed.
I didn’t, and I won’t.

Oregon probably packs their stadium when they play Portland State, not sure why that is much of a barometer.

Wexahu

I’ve heard two references already today on how Michigan played “ sloppy” in the loss to TCU. Only sloppiness I saw was the botched handoff and fumble at the 1 (and their final play with the snap snafu.) The Frogs blew up their Philly Special as they tried to showboat. And Bud and Dee just made great plays for those pick 6s. That wasn’t Michigan being sloppy. That was TCU outplaying them.
Almost every pick 6 is at least partly the result of a bad or, at the very least, an ill advised throw. Those weren’t any different.

I do think Michigan played sloppy. So what. We won. That’s all that matters.