• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Ohio State quarterback will honor NFL, TCU legend Sammy Baugh during Cotton Bowl Classic

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Ohio State quarterback will honor NFL, TCU legend Sammy Baugh during Cotton Bowl Classic​

Story by Jamie Hancock, The Dallas Morning News

iu

ARLINGTON — Ohio State quarterback Devin Brown is one game away from potential legendary Buckeye status.

If so, he’ll be wearing the appropriate jersey number.

Brown will become the first Buckeyes quarterback to make their first-career start in a bowl game when No. 7 Ohio State (11-1) faces No. 9 Missouri (9-2) in the Cotton Bowl Classic at 7 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium.

Brown was pushed into the starting role after Kyle McCord entered the transfer portal to join Syracuse.

Brown wears No. 33, a seemingly odd choice for a quarterback in 2023. Brown has a good reason, however, especially now that he’s making his starting debut in North Texas. Brown wears No. 33 in honor of Sammy Baugh, the Pro Football Hall of Famer and TCU legend.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-baugh-during-cotton-bowl-classic/ar-AA1maJPy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dang, tOSU coaching staff would not commit to McCord after he threw for more than 3,000 yards.

McCord's likelihood of starting is much higher in Syracuse than it was in Ohio State, even amid reports that Ryan Day and his coaching staff wanted him to return for his senior season after throwing for 3,000-plus yards in 2023. Day's refusal to commit to McCord as the starter moving forward — coupled with the commitment of Air Noland in the 2024 recruiting class — contributed to McCord's decision to transfer.

froginmn

Ohio State fails to sell out 12,000-ticket allotment for Cotton Bowl Classic in Arlington

www.dallasnews.com.ico
Dallas Morning News|11 hours ago
Apparently for many OSU fans, if the Buckeyes aren't playing for a National Championship, it's not worth the time.
I feel like this is the future that CFB has plotted for itself with the portal, opt outs, etc.

When you have a tOSU team that may or may not have Kyle McCord, Treveyon Henderson and Marvin Harrison for an NY6 game for crying out loud, how can you expect tons of fans to spend lots of money to show up? It's only going to get worse, and this game is far better than the Orange Bowl in terms of missing players.

HG73

I feel like this is the future that CFB has plotted for itself with the portal, opt outs, etc.

When you have a tOSU team that may or may not have Kyle McCord, Treveyon Henderson and Marvin Harrison for an NY6 game for crying out loud, how can you expect tons of fans to spend lots of money to show up? It's only going to get worse, and this game is far better than the Orange Bowl in terms of missing players.
The 12 team CFP will eliminate most of the other bowls. The CFP will be four rounds, right? The first round will have 8 teams. Those 4 winners will then play the 4 that had the first round bye. Those 4 winners will then have a semifinal round and then the final. A month of playoffs. Today's players with any NFL hopes will all opt out of any non CFP bowls.
The powers that be need to fix this. Move the tranny portal to after the CFP and limit transfers to one time only.

froginmn

Today's players with any NFL hopes will all opt out of any non CFP bowls.
I get that they'd be playing for a National Championship, but if guys are squirrelly about playing in one bowl game, will they be OK with playing in 3-4 playoff rounds? That's a lot of extra opportunities to get injured.

The 12 team CFP will eliminate most of the other bowls. The CFP will be four rounds, right? The first round will have 8 teams. Those 4 winners will then play the 4 that had the first round bye. Those 4 winners will then have a semifinal round and then the final. A month of playoffs. Today's players with any NFL hopes will all opt out of any non CFP bowls.
The powers that be need to fix this. Move the tranny portal to after the CFP and limit transfers to one time only.

I have no interest in a tranny portal becoming mainstream.

ShreveFrog

Not sure how you can move the portal if you want kids to be enrolled in January and participate in spring practice. Not sure it would help anyway. A kid who wants to transfer will just opt out of the non cfp bowls.

Purple Cavalier

TCU is probably the only school that wouldn’t let him wear number 33. I don’t think they formally retire numbers but I can’t see anybody coming in and getting 33 or 5.

ignore above — based on other posts they aren’t saying the team because it’s his pro career the kid’s father worships.

Last edited:

Wexahu

I get that they'd be playing for a National Championship, but if guys are squirrelly about playing in one bowl game, will they be OK with playing in 3-4 playoff rounds? That's a lot of extra opportunities to get injured.
I think most will demand $ before they play.

If I were an agent of a high round draft pick, I absolutely would advise my player to sit out the playoffs unless there was a significant amount of money involved.