• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU offers former Vanderbilt QB Ken Seals

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU offers former Vanderbilt QB Ken Seals​

Jeremy Clark

10578614.jpg

TCU has offered Vanderbilt transfer quarterback Ken Seals, sources confirmed to HornedFrogBlitz moments ago. Seals was offered by TCU offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kendal Briles.

The Frogs reached out to Seals last week along with Washington transfer Dylan Morris. Seals entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer and has two years of eligibility remaining.

Seals spent four seasons at Vanderbilt and started 23 games. As a true freshman in 2020, Seals set a Vanderbilt freshman single-season record with 1,928 passing yards in nine games. He started seven games in 2021 before missing the rest of the season due to injury.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/article/tcu-horned-frogs-ken-seals-offer-223959414/

FrogCop19

Without digging too deep, what's the issue with this one? #11 pro style QB in the nation goes to Vanderbilt? Thought I read somewhere about the dad being an issue? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

82 Frog Fever

Without digging too deep, what's the issue with this one? #11 pro style QB in the nation goes to Vanderbilt? Thought I read somewhere about the dad being an issue? Or am I confusing him with someone else?
He’s a good QB with 2 years left. He’s been a little beat up after a few years at Vandy, not very mobile, but he’s roughly a 60% passer. He’d be a good Hoover backup, may even push him some.
There‘s no longer any hype around Seals, so dad is a little more humble these days.

Frog-in-law1995

Here’s a link to the 2020 recruiting page where it was discussed. And I think that conversation got revived later with updates. Been 3 years of losing at Vandy though, so I suspect 82 above me is dead on.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He’s a good QB with 2 years left. He’s been a little beat up after a few years at Vandy, not very mobile, but he’s roughly a 60% passer. He’d be a good Hoover backup, may even push him some.
There‘s no longer any hype around Seals, so dad is a little more humble these days.
So, you think he’s leaving to sit?

82 Frog Fever

I’m sure he’s looking for his best chance to compete. He doesn‘t have the resume’ to ask for any more than that.
Seals hasn’t been the named #1 QB since 2020, and as recently as 2022, he was 3rd string with nagging injuries. Didn’t get to play a single down in ‘22, & he still stayed at Vandy.
Seals has only started 23 games in 4 years at Vanderbilt and 70% of those were his freshman & soph year (‘20 & ‘21)

The Bad Guy

I’m sure he’s looking for his best chance to compete. He doesn‘t have the resume’ to ask for any more than that.
Seals hasn’t been the named #1 QB since 2020, and as recently as 2022, he was 3rd string with nagging injuries. Didn’t get to play a single down in ‘22, & he still stayed at Vandy.
Seals has only started 23 games in 4 years at Vanderbilt and 70% of those were his freshman & soph year (‘20 & ‘21)
Sounds like a good backup QB for us. Has some big game under his belt and lets Hauss learn for a season.

CountryFrog

He has to understand that if he wants to be a starter then he'll have to go down to a G5 or FCS team. If he's looking at places like TCU then that means he's ok with being a backup if that's how it plays out.

Saying he's "leaving to sit" is a bit misleading I think. Everyone wants to play but there are some guys (Bram K or Mike Collins in the past for example) who come to a place like TCU understanding they're unlikely to be the day 1 starter but willing to work their tail off every day to make the team better and be ready if/when needed.