• The KillerFrogs

TickerTV News: Is TCU going to change their name?

Endless Purple

Someone pushed the button to start the AI program.

Someone posted it; or re-posted it.

Most interesting-- someone hosted it.

Brave New World.
New world definitely. Though I might use scary over brave.

All points that lead to Dallasfrogs point of liability.

If someone gives me "keywords" to guide what they want from a photograph and host the photo on their website, it still doesn't change that I own the copyright to the photo. Can an AI computer own a copyright? Will be curious how laws and lawyers handle copyright for AI when it starts to create stuff or if it automatically becomes open to others for use.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
New world definitely. Though I might use scary over brave.

All points that lead to Dallasfrogs point of liability.

If someone gives me "keywords" to guide what they want from a photograph and host the photo on their website, it still doesn't change that I own the copyright to the photo. Can an AI computer own a copyright? Will be curious how laws and lawyers handle copyright for AI when it starts to create stuff or if it automatically becomes open to others for use.
An article I read in relation to the SI scandal over published AI content talked about a person (presumably an actual human) must add their touches to an AI-generated article to claim authorship. But then how would one know? It is original bot-tent based on the user's inputs I presume.

Anyone using AI to generate content really needs to edit, verify, add to ... but I have seen a number of them that it seems it was used precisely as the bot created it.

I did it for fun, posting a ChatGPT article I requested on the history of Mineral Wells. It was mostly nonsense and irrelevant, used unverifiable or simply fictitious anecdotes, and people loved it.

The question is, did I actually write this?

OICU812

Is TCU going to change their name?​

By Tanya King

TCU Considers Name Change Amidst Growing Controversy

Fort Worth, Texas – Texas Christian University (TCU) is currently contemplating a potential name change, sparking a heated debate among students, alumni, and the wider community. The university’s administration has initiated discussions to address concerns regarding the institution’s name, which some argue does not accurately reflect its inclusive values and diverse student body.

The controversy surrounding TCU’s name primarily stems from the use of the term “Christian,” which some argue may alienate individuals from different religious backgrounds or those who identify as non-religious. Critics argue that the name may create an unwelcoming environment for students and faculty who do not identify with the Christian faith.

In response to these concerns, TCU President Victor J. Boschini Jr. has formed a task force comprised of students, faculty, and alumni to explore the potential implications of a name change. The task force will conduct extensive research, gather feedback from various stakeholders, and evaluate the financial and logistical aspects associated with rebranding the institution.

Read more at https://ticker.tv/news/is-tcu-going-to-change-their-name/350983/#gsc.tab=0
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

HToady

You know the students pick the school not the school picks the students. since Admissions is thriving the name seems inconsequential. Otherwise the University of Texas would change its name to the University of non resident middle easterners and Texas A&M would be Texas Asian Engineers University...