• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Traveling Frog

The last two OL we landed were backups on two bad teams, North Texas and A&M. Which one is worse is up for debate. Find it interesting we are pursuing bodies that hard and also odd that both of them had decent offers.

Frogfam4

The last two OL we landed were backups on two bad teams, North Texas and A&M. Which one is worse is up for debate. Find it interesting we are pursuing bodies that hard and also odd that both of them had decent offers.
Need good depth. They all can’t start. But with the offers they were getting, I would say somebody thinks they can play

82 Frog Fever

You’re way off.
Strickland had a crap load of offers and could be our new starting Center.
Sampson was a freshman and played quite a bit, which is rare for a freshman at OL.
At 6’-8 330, he’s got a good chance to be very successful.

Last edited:

PineyWoodsFrog

So Chandler entering the portal was a bit unexpected, no? Does that mean we have an incoming QB?
Unexpected when so many were clamoring for him to be benched after his 3rd start and basically every start after. Absolutely no reason for him to stay after Hoover got all the starts even when Chan was cleared to play.

Chongo94

Unexpected when so many were clamoring for him to be benched after his 3rd start and basically every start after. Absolutely no reason for him to stay after Hoover got all the starts even when Chan was cleared to play.
When was he cleared to play btw? I don’t remember hearing that…I mean I remember those last two games or so it was more of a “we could play him if we really need to” type of thing but that made me think he was never fully cleared.

Was he? Genuinely curious. That speaks even more volumes if he was indeed fully cleared and they still played Hoover.

Palliative Care

Two years ago many fans here were raving about Chandler. They talk about how much better he was than Duggan. Chandler really had way too much bad luck here and Duggan was the beneficiary of it as To some extent Hoover. I wish you well Chandler Morris.

Palliative Care

I believe that many times players leave because they get the message that the coaching staff has other plans that do not highlight them. That being said Morris was heading out the door on his own in my opinion. He needs a new start somewhere else. Now that the judge has lifted the rule that forbids a multi-transfer player from planning for a year, more players will leave their schools immediately rather than waiting to graduate.

Limey Frog

Maybe why morris entered the portal

I looked at the initial 247 national site summary of KJ's likely landing spots and that didn't list TCU at all, so at least we've made progress on this potential transfer to be in the final three. Miami really wants Cam Ward, and UCF doesn't seem like an obviously better landing spot than TCU (scheme and need being the obvious appeal, both of which you can say for us, too). I feel fairly good about our chances here, though I have no insider knowledge at all.

hometown frog

I looked at the initial 247 national site summary of KJ's likely landing spots and that didn't list TCU at all, so at least we've made progress on this potential transfer to be in the final three. Miami really wants Cam Ward, and UCF doesn't seem like an obviously better landing spot than TCU (scheme and need being the obvious appeal, both of which you can say for us, too). I feel fairly good about our chances here, though I have no insider knowledge at all.
Last I saw Cam was verballed to Miami, but I know he’s waffled a couple of times right before the dead period hit between FSU and the U. So if Cam is going to Miami, I think that’s suggesting KJ may be coming to TCU