• The KillerFrogs

Holgerson out at Houston

froginaustin

Houston is dumb if they don’t go after Gary Patterson and Gary would be crazy not to listen. It is a Big 12 job and he would have access to the Houston talent pool and very little meddling from “big cigars” to deal with.

Houston has a helicopter Big Cigar, a caricature of a meddling, very rich, politically connected booster, who most likely got Dana hired (and paid for all or a big portion of the cost of getting Dana to town) and then ran out of patience and got Dana fired. I think this booster would annoy the crap out of HCGP. But maybe not. Hell, I don't really know.

Sangria Wine

Houston has a helicopter Big Cigar, a caricature of a meddling, very rich, politically connected booster, who most likely got Dana hired (and paid for all or a big portion of the cost of getting Dana to town) and then ran out of patience and got Dana fired. I think this booster would annoy the crap out of HCGP. But maybe not. Hell, I don't really know.
One who everybody knows is the man is better than 100 that all think they are the man. Todd Whitting seems to be doing quite well with the situation down there. Houston could be a top 25 program year in and year out if they took the TCU path (your home team) and produced winning teams. Getting in the Big 12 was a big step in that direction being easier.

DCTF PICK​

Gary Patterson – The Kansas man built his reputation as a program builder and leader at TCU as head coach from 2000 through 2021. He led the Horned Frogs to conference championships in Conference USA, Mountain West, and the Big 12. Patterson was 181-79 as a head coach. He has 10 years of experience as a head coach in the Big 12. If the Cougars need a man with a proven track record and understanding of how to lead a Big 12 newbie, Patterson is the man. He helped TCU move into the Big 12 in 2012 and was a conference champion three seasons later. Patterson has expressed interest in returning to coaching.

Chongo94

DCTF PICK​

Gary Patterson – The Kansas man built his reputation as a program builder and leader at TCU as head coach from 2000 through 2021. He led the Horned Frogs to conference championships in Conference USA, Mountain West, and the Big 12. Patterson was 181-79 as a head coach. He has 10 years of experience as a head coach in the Big 12. If the Cougars need a man with a proven track record and understanding of how to lead a Big 12 newbie, Patterson is the man. He helped TCU move into the Big 12 in 2012 and was a conference champion three seasons later. Patterson has expressed interest in returning to coaching.
Ha…their “big swing” pick is Kingsbury. DCTF is an absolute shell of its former self.

Wexahu

Schools seem to be making moves on their HCs and Coordinators already. We are just evaluating things…for how long I wonder?
Probably make some moves of some sort within a week or so I would guess. I bet the offensive staff stays relatively intact. Trying to cobble together a cohesive staff has to be a challenge given all the moving parts out there, probably a lot guys out there that want to kind of wait some things out before making a jump to somewhere.

PO Frog

I like Dana personally but he hasn’t fielded a decent offense in more than a decade and we have posters here pushing him as a potential OC? Does anyone actually watch the games or do they just go off of 2005 reputations? GP’s defenses sucked after Bumpas and Dana runs an air raid that can’t move the ball or score. Watch some games people.

The TCU Football Jerk

I like Dana personally but he hasn’t fielded a decent offense in more than a decade and we have posters here pushing him as a potential OC? Does anyone actually watch the games or do they just go off of 2005 reputations? GP’s defenses sucked after Bumpas and Dana runs an air raid that can’t move the ball or score. Watch some games people.

While TCU's defense wasn't the same after Bumpas left, they hardly sucked. Sucked was what your saw this year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Putting him on the payroll as "Observer" would be a shrewd move. Holgo is no fool, and would add valuable insight to things.

Zubaz

While TCU's defense wasn't the same after Bumpas left, they hardly sucked. Sucked was what your saw this year.
Bumpas left after the 2014 season. Total defense since then:

2015: 66th (though we had the single worst injury year I can remember that year)
2016: 64th
2017: 16th We were good! Sweet!
2019: 58th
2021: 118th

(This year we were 83rd, for reference. 2022 we were 91st)

So somewhere around middle of the pack until falling off a cliff for GP's last season, well worse than this year.