• The KillerFrogs

Potential coordinators/coaches

Chongo94

Making this to kind of keep a list of potential coordinator replacements and whatnot as I don’t know of other coaches that well. So post ‘em if you got ‘em…and don’t flame me, I’m not saying any of this will happen but it would be nice to know who is out there and possible is all.

That said, give me Tulane’s DC, they seem to have had a very stout defense the last few years from what little I know and have seen.

Also, if, and it’s a big if, Traylor stays at UTSA and manages to yet again get them to a good season next year after the loss of Harris at qb, then let’s go after that dude all day every day to replace Sonny.

82 Frog Fever

I doubt there will be any movement on Dykes/Briles, but Gillespie is a real possibility.

It’s a long shot, but Dave Aranda is a guy we should at least make a run at.
He was a head coach at BU, because of the credentials he earned as a DC.
Aranda was enough of a failure at BU that I doubt any P4/5 team would be interested in him as a head coach; however, he has a very solid track record as a DC and certainly knows Texas recruiting.

The 5 highest paid group head coaches make approx. $2.3m/yr. If we could get anywhere close to $2m, maybe we could get him.

Moose Stuff

I doubt there will be any movement on Dykes/Briles, but Gillespie is a real possibility.

It’s a long shot, but Dave Aranda is a guy we should at least make a run at.
He was a head coach at BU, because of the credentials he earned as a DC.
Aranda was enough of a failure at BU that I doubt any P4/5 team would be interested in him as a head coach; however, he has a very solid track record as a DC and certainly knows Texas recruiting.

The highest paid group head coaches make approx. $2.3m/yr. If we could get anywhere close to $2m, maybe we could get him.
Literally zero percent chance either Dykes or Briles gets fired. And Baylor owes Aranda a ton of money. Gonna be tough for that cash strapped school to justify letting him go.

Endless Purple

I would be interested to learn more about Bryant Haines, the DC for James Madison. They seem to have some good numbers considering they just moved up, and seem to have a history of good defense.

Plus he has one good stat going for him - He spent a year at UC Davis coaching linebackers. I can think of one other successful defensive coach that spent a year there coaching linebackers. (this is kind of just a fun stat before people get their panties in a wad)

Chongo94

I would be interested to learn more about Bryant Haines, the DC for James Madison. They seem to have some good numbers considering they just moved up, and seem to have a history of good defense.

Plus he has one good stat going for him - He spent a year at UC Davis coaching linebackers. I can think of one other successful defensive coach that spent a year there coaching linebackers. (this is kind of just a fun stat before people get their panties in a wad)
Their OC might be worth a look too if something were to happen to Briles. They put up points last year and this year I believe.

Sonny Side Up

Me, at half the price. Plus, I’m on Medicare, so reduced bennies. I’m a confidence builder. While old, I get the present generation. Kind of a Bumpas vibe. Call me, Sonny. We’ll talk. No big whoop. (405) 613-4363. But not tonight. I’m binging Endeavor

82 Frog Fever

Literally zero percent chance either Dykes or Briles gets fired. And Baylor owes Aranda a ton of money. Gonna be tough for that cash strapped school to justify letting him go.
Agreed on Dykes/Briles, nor should they be.

I guess I’m not as up to date as I should be on the BU issues, I thought his firing was pretty well baked.

So do you believe any coordinator level changes need to be completed before the next portal window opening?
I think it’s only about 10 days away, and seems like a really tight window that could limit candidates.

PineyWoodsFrog

Some of these names are flat-out crazy with zero chance of coming here. I get everyone is frustrated, but we're just grabbing at random names. The season just ended 4 hours ago and the issues are not getting fixed anytime soon. Take a break and enjoy the weekend.

Chongo94

Some of these names are flat-out crazy with zero chance of coming here. I get everyone is frustrated, but we're just grabbing at random names. The season just ended 4 hours ago and the issues are not getting fixed anytime soon. Take a break and enjoy the weekend.
Such as?

Cause aside from Aranda coming here as a DC, most of the people referred to would most likely look at TCU as a step up from Tulane or James Madison.

LisaLT

Manny Diaz would be perfect. And he would attract top talent. Go go go get him Sonny!!!

Get out of the big 10 that is dominated by OSU and Michigan. Good opportunity :)