• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What happened to TCU this season? Experts chime in on Horned Frogs’ struggle

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What happened to TCU this season? Experts chime in on Horned Frogs’ struggle

By Steven Johnson

AP23295021563181%20(1).jpg

The struggles of TCU have been well documented, but sometimes a fresh, outside perspective is needed.

Ahead of the Horned Frogs’ marquee matchup with No. 7 Texas on Saturday, the Star-Telegram reached out to various experts to get their take on what’s gone wrong with TCU football since last year’s magical season.

After competing for the national title in January, TCU faces an uphill climb just to reach a bowl game with a 4-5 record.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article281648848.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

Anderson has turned into a normal Frog fan, apparently. The other guys who are not emotionally attached to TCU make more sense to me.

Big Frog II

Personally I have been disappointed with all phases of the game. I think Max was the difference on offense. Kell is not having the year he had the past several. Defense is just not good. Must make changes for next year.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Another worthless nothing-burger TCU football from Steven Johnson and the FWST.

This board has better info than him.

If it is not a press conference and media availability or game day he is lost.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Another worthless nothing-burger TCU football from Steven Johnson and the FWST.

This board has better info than him.

If it is not a press conference and media availability or game day he is lost.
At least he isn't lurking around and pinching posts from users to pass off as his own work...

vicarfrog

I really don’t care if we do or don’t make the ccg or playoffs every year, I just wish we could get off this violent mood swing rhythm of sucking really bad for a couple of seasons and then over achieving the next and then sucking again.

I’m honestly fine if we go 7-5, 8-4, or 9-3 and then every couple of years we hit the double digits. Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like this should be an insanely reasonable goal.

I really don’t care if we do or don’t make the ccg or playoffs every year, I just wish we could get off this violent mood swing rhythm of sucking really bad for a couple of seasons and then over achieving the next and then sucking again.

I’m honestly fine if we go 7-5, 8-4, or 9-3 and then every couple of years we hit the double digits. Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like this should be an insanely reasonable goal.
Well, the Aggies and Horns get a lot more talent and can’t find that many wins, but I guess they are more consistent.

PurpleBlood87

Personally I have been disappointed with all phases of the game. I think Max was the difference on offense. Kell is not having the year he had the past several. Defense is just not good. Must make changes for next year.
Special teams play has cost the Frogs two games at least.

PineyWoodsFrog

Not able to read the article, but I see that Joel Anderson was mentioned. Did he speak negatively about about coaching staff? The reason I ask is bcuz he was a big supporter of us hiring Deion when we were interviewing and has voiced such on several occasions. Even during last year, he stood on that. Yes, I'm aware of how a majority of this board feels about Deion. I'm only asking as it relates to Anderson.