• The KillerFrogs

Night game in Ames

Endless Purple

I am seeing this FS2 thing more.

Is that just overflow channel from FS1 or is it streaming or something else? If a channel, is it on Direct TV for sports bars to carry it?

froginmn

I'll be there, too. Driving out to stay with a friend who is a lifelong Iowa State fan. If a Killer Frogs pre-game drinks meetup happens somewhere, I'm in.
I'll be there either with my 25 year old son or with my wife. We generally park in one of the great tailgate lots around the stadium. When it gets closer I'll post about where we are. I'll even consider having some (cough) Busch Light for any ISU fans...

FrogPreacher

I'll be there either with my 25 year old son or with my wife. We generally park in one of the great tailgate lots around the stadium. When it gets closer I'll post about where we are. I'll even consider having some (cough) Busch Light for any ISU fans...
Busch Light. The state beer of Iowa!*L*

CountryFrog

What's with the Fox or FS2? Is that dependant on baseball or is there some other college football game that they're waiting on to see which they want on fox and which they want on FS2?

FrogPreacher

Some suggestions for places to eat in Ames.
Hickory Park. Huge place, very touristy, Have only eaten there once but the food was good. Good bbq.
Jethro's BBQ. Across the street from Hickory Park. Good bbq and sides. Good burnt ends.
Sweet Caroline's-Downtown.
Boulder Tap House
Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill.
Then there are the usual fast food joints and the chains such as Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, Perkins and a variety of fast-food places.
B-Bops is a drive thru burger place that has good burgers and hot dogs. 5 Guys nearby as well.
Good many of the restaurants are on Duff Avenue or right off of it. Places such as Sweet Caroline's are downtown.
Plenty of Mexican food places in town. Wahlburger at Hy-Vee. Nice movie theater in town in the same area as Jethro's and a Books A Million if you are looking to just go have some quiet time to read.
If you have the opportunity to have some Deal's Hard Cider you should give it a try. Family run orchard here in Jefferson that are becoming very well known for their hard cider that comes in a half-dozen or so different varieties.
We have found Ames to be a nice town to spend some time in. Hope to see some of you at the game. We will be seated on the SW side of the stadium in the lower bowl.

Purp

What's with the Fox or FS2? Is that dependant on baseball or is there some other college football game that they're waiting on to see which they want on fox and which they want on FS2?
Same here. Makes me wonder if it's a simulcast. Seems a game you're considering for the OTA Fox broadcast network wouldn't get relegated to FS2 if a better game came up for Fox.

dawg

froginmn

Some suggestions for places to eat in Ames.
Hickory Park. Huge place, very touristy, Have only eaten there once but the food was good. Good bbq.
Jethro's BBQ. Across the street from Hickory Park. Good bbq and sides. Good burnt ends.
Sweet Caroline's-Downtown.
Boulder Tap House
Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill.
Great information here. I've been to Hickory Park a couple times but put the barbecue as average... would you say Jethros is better?

Boulder Tap House was a good stop; I think we just had an appetizer but I want to go back for a meal.

My tickets are in section 40 but I'll probably slide over to 41, which is the visitor section.