• The KillerFrogs

Speaking of GP ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
A picture from a friend of GP pre-game ... wonder what he thought of the defense against Georgia and Colorado. He was probably hoarse from yelling and wanting to "coach them up".

370372141_10160926669592929_7102878456109895328_n.jpg

Goo

Man, if we could get him to help with tackling. Thought he moved to Austin? If he’s living nearby, we gotta get him involved. Glad to see him in purple again. Seeing him in orange really hurt

Toad Jones

Man, if we could get him to help with tackling. Thought he moved to Austin? If he’s living nearby, we gotta get him involved. Glad to see him in purple again. Seeing him in orange really hurt
GP is not moving. He loves his house too much, And sits on a hill overlooking AGS. As most in his position would do, he did a lot of talking to himself about TCU's performance. Smiling, but more shaking his head negatively. Patterson is a grand guy, but he couldn't adapt. I don't blame him for that because that stubbornness came from family behaviour. As I said, he's a good guy.

That word "COULDN'T" probably at this point is pure past tense.

Last edited:

Goo

GP is not moving. He loves his house too much, And sits on a hill overlooking AGS. As most in his position would do, he did a lot of talking to himself about TCU's performance. Smiling, but more shaking his head negatively. Patterson is a grand guy, but he couldn't adapt. I don't blame him for that because that stubbornness came from family behaviour. As I said, he's a good guy.

If he could just spend one hour a week on helping our D with tackling.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It was an ugly three point loss but your post is a tad bit over the top don’t you think?
Not at all.

The analysis of the performance (or lack thereof) shines the light on a monstrous lack of 1.) Basic fundamentals such as tackling, 2.) Ability to instruct players, even returning starters, in playing within our system, 3.) Picking the best players, 4.) Designing a game plan to see that those players shine.

With those glaring faults, what great successes do you see out in the future? I have heard the constant refrain: "Well, we were just in the National Championship!" Yeah, and we got the living crap pounded out of us. I looked at that product on the field and I didn't see a lot of improvement. I saw Coaches not doing their jobs, I saw Coaches evidently unable to do their jobs, given the performance of their charges. I saw a team that may have been wearing the colors of last year's National Championship contenders, but the spirit, drive, and skill that got us there has gotten up and left. This team is a hollow shell.

It shows.

Frawg

I strongly agree. All that he built is crumbling in the hands of fools.

One can be angry at the work of decades being shattered, or one can laugh knowing that such things never last.
Some people seem to forget his last 4 years especially the last one & how broken it already was. His defense was a shambles. Couldn’t stop the run (even by SMU), gave up 60+ to osu, isu … I think this is fueled by some people’s personal animus toward the new guys, particularly Tape Fingers.

these are good coaches that can now analyze what Chandler’s strengths and weaknesses are and adjust.

Not trying to stop a perfectly good and proper meltdown. Carry on :eek::D

Dogfrog

Not at all.

The analysis of the performance (or lack thereof) shines the light on a monstrous lack of 1.) Basic fundamentals such as tackling, 2.) Ability to instruct players, even returning starters, in playing within our system, 3.) Picking the best players, 4.) Designing a game plan to see that those players shine.

With those glaring faults, what great successes do you see out in the future? I have heard the constant refrain: "Well, we were just in the National Championship!" Yeah, and we got the living crap pounded out of us. I looked at that product on the field and I didn't see a lot of improvement. I saw Coaches not doing their jobs, I saw Coaches evidently unable to do their jobs, given the performance of their charges. I saw a team that may have been wearing the colors of last year's National Championship contenders, but the spirit, drive, and skill that got us there has gotten up and left. This team is a hollow shell.

It shows.
Yea we got pounded in the NCG, but we were also the first B12 team to ever win a playoff game. UT, A&M have never been there. Maybe we go 0-13, hope not, but damn, find something to hold on to.

hometown frog

Some people seem to forget his last 4 years especially the last one & how broken it already was. His defense was a shambles. Couldn’t stop the run (even by SMU), gave up 60+ to osu, isu … I think this is fueled by some people’s personal animus toward the new guys, particularly Tape Fingers.

these are good coaches that can now analyze what Chandler’s strengths and weaknesses are and adjust.

Right. Those last few years, the defense had so many breakdowns game after game. We’d lost that consistent ability to breakdown and make tackles in the open space that had been a staple of those dominant defenses before. So to say this issue is new within the last 1-2 years is being completely dishonest to the truth.

I’ll say I’m not sold on the passive 3 man front that we seem to feature now under JG, but I realize the issues have been present for 5+ years now. So im not panicking as a fan just yet.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

People had adjusted to his defense. He refused to adjust back. He also refused to fire Old Buddies who couldn't do the job. That ground is well-trampled...