• The KillerFrogs

I bought it

Wexahu

I feel like we may have had four really bad defensive performances in a row. At some point, you can’t run the same 15 yards off the slot WR defense out there and expect they aren’t going to exploit it along with the swing pass TD
I'm shocked at times at how much cushion we give the WRs, but especially the ones in the slot.

Whatever we are doing out there, we aren't confusing offenses much, and they seem to confuse the heck out of our defense quite a bit.

bc puckett

Or maybe the season will simply unfold in a way that we see Coach Prime built a great team that simply beat us because they are better than us. Great thing about college sports is that nobody knows anything until about the 6th game of the season. Chemistry and mojo are hard to beat. We had that last year and it carried us through teams that honestly were probably a little better than us but we won the scoreboard. Just have to play them one game at a time and see where they stack up at the end.

That said, all you Coach Prime haters damn sure should be eating crow. What that man did in one off season is REMARKABLE!
Well I’ll be eating a nice bone-in ribeye in about 2 hours but I have to admit they certainly were impressive today

Wexahu

Or maybe the season will simply unfold in a way that we see Coach Prime built a great team that simply beat us because they are better than us. Great thing about college sports is that nobody knows anything until about the 6th game of the season. Chemistry and mojo are hard to beat. We had that last year and it carried us through teams that honestly were probably a little better than us but we won the scoreboard. Just have to play them one game at a time and see where they stack up at the end.

That said, all you Coach Prime haters damn sure should be eating crow. What that man did in one off season is REMARKABLE!
As someone who is not a fan of Coach Prime, gotta take my hat off to him for this week. Great game plan, poised players, and he said and did all the right things. And his son played a hell of a game, obviously. Well done, Coach.

CryptoMiner

Possibly but the defense has allowed some big numbers the last 3 games so something needs to change. CU game plan took huge advantage of Gillespie’s basic defensive strategy.

Strat Frog

It’s difficult for me to understand how motivation was an issue for this game. If true, we’re screwed.
Great point. What we heard going into the game was that our Frogs had a bad taste in their mouths from the end of last year, that we had a chip on our shoulders, that CU was getting all the press, that we needed to prove that we were not a fluke last year etc. CU was the team that played like that; not us.

Palliative Care

Ok ok everything said here is worthy of fans. I think that the loss of leadership from last year’s team is the most important of our problems. Yes it blew up in the NCG.

Now how will this team respond. If they make excuses then we are toast. If they take responsibility then we have a chance. Prime spent the whole summer preparing for this game. We did not and it showed.
So do these players have what it takes or do they roll over like a little puppy and wine their way through a season.
We do not have an elite QB. Can he be good enough?
I guess we will see.

Goo

Dykes issues apology. Glad he addressed it head on but claiming players weren’t instructed is BS excuse. We’ve done this for 50 years. The majority of players have been at TCU two previous seasons and knew the tradition. Plus they didn’t sing after losing to Georgia last game and everyone was pissed.
I drove over at 8am, yelled my ass off in the sun, and stayed sing fight song. The players disrespected TCU fans and it makes me not want to go to next game.

Goo

Dykes issues apology. Glad he addressed it head on but claiming players weren’t instructed is BS excuse. We’ve done this for 50 years. The majority of players have been at TCU two previous seasons and knew the tradition. Plus they didn’t sing after losing to Georgia last game and everyone was pissed.
I drove over at 8am, yelled my ass off in the sun, and stayed sing fight song. The players disrespected TCU fans and it makes me not want to go to next game.

OICU812

I got hammered pretty hard this off-season for saying this game worried me because we’d have no way to effectively scout them. Was told I was an idiot because no way could you throw together a bunch of new players and coaches and skinny linemen and have them be able to perform. Like a fool I bought it, and didn’t take them seriously. Seems I wasn’t the only one.

Latest posts