• The KillerFrogs

103 degrees now long range forecast for Sept. 2nd...

H0RNEDFR0G

Pretty obvious we wear stormtrooper all whites. Wondering if we can force CU to wear black? I saw online that they have a grey uniform, but I can't recall seeing a grey uniform against a white uni - not sure there's enough contrast.

bc puckett

Pretty obvious we wear stormtrooper all whites. Wondering if we can force CU to wear black? I saw online that they have a grey uniform, but I can't recall seeing a grey uniform against a white uni - not sure there's enough contrast.
Can't remember the opponent, it could have been the annual FCS team, but 5 or so years back TCU wore that gray camo crap jersey and the other team wore white.

Deep Purple

It's actually not going to be quite as bad as the past few days. Should be in the 80s throughout the tailgate. The 2nd half is when it will really hit.
The heat is definitely a factor, but it doesn't matter as much as the humidity. That substantially multiplies the heat index. That's why, even though Houston and Galveston are cooler than Fort Worth (Gulf breezes), they often feel much hotter.

If it's even moderately muggy, those cool-and-dry Rocky Mountain boys are gonna shrivel with heat exhaustion and muscle cramps.

Double D

Tier 1
Heading to NYC this morning for a quick trip and cooler temps. I'll be back Friday in time for PRIME BUFF BEAT DOWN.

Any restaurant suggestions? I'm staying in Lower East Side of Manhattan.

06DallasFrog

Heading to NYC this morning for a quick trip and cooler temps. I'll be back Friday in time for PRIME BUFF BEAT DOWN.

Any restaurant suggestions? I'm staying in Lower East Side of Manhattan.
Prefacing this by saying I definitely don't know any hidden gems...

Trattoria D'el Arte has been around forever and serves the giant plate sized veal or chicken parmesan. I always love it. It's also in a good area to walk around in.

Buddakan is a a really cool place and also very trendy, so it might not be your style. Lots of different small plates but all very good. You'll want to make sure you get to sit downstairs for the full ambiance.

Gramercy Park is a staple, but I haven't been in years.

Limp Lizard

Plotter.php

/at least the humidity is down. About 60 degrees dewpoint. Back in June the dewpoint was 77. 98 with a 77 dewpoint gives a heat index of 113.7! Thank goodness we won't have that. Heat index should be no hotter than the given air temperature.

Last edited: