• The KillerFrogs

Time to be concerned about baseball.

LisaLT

Well those certainly aren't good stats. Speaks to how bad the pitching has been. CKS needs to find us some good pitchers next season. I miss the days of lights out pitching.

At least NYY Gerrit Cole pitched a gem today. I got to see that in action.

hometown frog

cant get outs when pitching and can’t stop hitting into them when we are at the plate. Think half our primary hitting rotations are hitting sub .250 right no. Really bad combo to win games in late innings.

MadFrog

Plus our hitting is not much to brag about. We strike out a lot. We have never found a consistent lead off guy. We have a lead out guy. This team we played this weekend had several kids who attacked the ball. They could care less about walking. We tend to take the best pitches as called strikes and then get behind in the count and then strike out or ground out. We need some fast good recruiting for next season - starting pitching and aggressive hitters.

frogtex

In the last 15 days we have given up:

31 runs over 3 days to UNCW
25 runs to OSU
9 to Abilene Christian (loss)
31 runs to tech

This isn’t a good ball club, and we have not been relevant as a program since 2017.

We were big 12 champs and a national seed in 2021…B12 champs in 2022 and should’ve hosted a regional, lost to Aggies in regional final

That’s hardly irrelevant

Dogfrog

In the last 15 days we have given up:

31 runs over 3 days to UNCW
25 runs to OSU
9 to Abilene Christian (loss)
31 runs to tech

This isn’t a good ball club, and we have not been relevant as a program since 2017.

And you have been on this forum for four months.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
I said 6 weeks ago this was not a Top 25 team

They are not getting any better as the season goes on. Other teams are.

They have no piss and vinegar, nasty attitude or chip on the shoulder to kick ass.

As the old coach said.......... a lot of guys that he would want to date his daughter.
But I'm the non purple colored glasses jerk.

It will be a pedestrian season

Last edited:

Frog79

The thing that bothers me most, with a few notable exceptions like Braden Taylor, is that players seem to get worse rather than better as they spend time in the program. Boyers and Bishop in particular have regressed at the plate and River Ridings on the mound compared to when they began their careers at TCU. I just don't see a lot of positive player development currently.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The thing that bothers me most, with a few notable exceptions like Braden Taylor, is that players seem to get worse rather than better as they spend time in the program. Boyers and Bishop in particular have regressed at the plate and River Ridings on the mound compared to when they began their careers at TCU. I just don't see a lot of positive player development currently.
Silly me, but Boyers has been hitting the ball well for about two weeks now...