• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Chandler Morris: “I’ve never been so driven, so hungry to just get out there"

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Chandler Morris: “I’ve never been so driven, so hungry to just get out there”

BY LAWRENCE DOW

USATSI_17106992.jpg

The TCU players returning from the historic season have set the tone in spring practices and offseason workouts.

Linebacker Johnny Hodges, who transferred to TCU from Navy last season and made an immediate impact leading the team in tackles and earned a second team All-Big-12 selection, is among them.

“For those who are coming back, we just know what it takes, you know what it takes when you play the best team,” Hodges said after Friday’s practice, the third spring session this week. “Just looking at that [loss to Georgia in the national championship game] in the back of our minds, it’s motivated us in workouts.”

A sentiment echoed by returning quarterback Chandler Morris.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article273551230.html#storylink=cpy

LisaLT

I like everything about Chandler. He really looks like a tough leader with grit.
Just like Max, Chandler is way overdue for things to finally go his way.
The way he spreads the ball around, this offense is perfect for him.
Really hope he can breakout this year.
I agree. He's had some unlucky breaks over the last few years. I really really hope he gets a chance to shine this season. I think he has the talent, just needs to stay healthy. If so, I think he could be the best QB we've had in a long time.

McFroggin

I agree. He's had some unlucky breaks over the last few years. I really really hope he gets a chance to shine this season. I think he has the talent, just needs to stay healthy. If so, I think he could be the best QB we've had in a long time.

Could be the best QB in a long time? We had the Heisman trophy runner-up this past year. If the expectation is better than that, we all need to reel in our expectations.

Wexahu

You’re a racist if you think duggan is in the same conversation as Boykin
What difference does it make who was better. You were on here for 2-3 years incessantly ragging on Duggans game and going on and on about how he was holding us back and TCU just had their best season in 80+ years with him starting the last 14 games. And he finished runner up in the Heisman.

You made a total ass of yourself. You’re a scheissing loser. Good job.

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

Could be the best QB in a long time? We had the Heisman trophy runner-up this past year. If the expectation is better than that, we all need to reel in our expectations.
Beat OU and Texas. (statement games!) Adios "amigos."
Beat TT and Baylor.
Smoke Colorado (national eyeballs) and SMoo.
Be competitive with everyone else.

Then it's a successful year. No need to go 12-0.
We'll "get back" in the playoffs in due time.