• The KillerFrogs

FrogsToday: Eddie Lampkin steps away from TCU basketball

Eight

There has apparently been some conflict between Big Ed/his family and CJD that we were not aware of (at least most of us). Not much more to know... yet. I'm sure we'll hear far more than we wanted about this soon.

thanks, his minutes and touches have been sporadic since the ankle injury, prior to the injury he was playing a career high in minutes per game

agree satis, tough to speculate and i am guessing vanessa is mom?

Wexahu

There is seemingly a maleficent presence hovering over TCU when it comes to athletics, dating back to 1971 when Jim Pittman dropped dead on the Baylor sideline....The fates are evidently determined that the school will not enjoy sustained success....
That maleficent presence was asleep at the wheel during football season (at least until the NCG, lol)

Eight

There is seemingly a maleficent presence hovering over TCU when it comes to athletics, dating back to 1971 when Jim Pittman dropped dead on the Baylor sideline....The fates are evidently determined that the school will not enjoy sustained success....

patience, no doubt a healthy and focused eddie is a valuable asset, but maybe there has been something amiss the last month which will now be out of the program's system so to speak

Froginbedford

That maleficent presence was asleep at the wheel during football season (at least until the NCG, lol)
Notice I said sustained success....In regards to football, the outliers are the Sun Bowl, the Rose Bowl, the Peach Bowl, the Alamo Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl....But in between those stellar occasions, there are mediocre spans which inevitably put a drain on recruiting....The NIT seemed to be the resurrecting event for men's basketball, then there was Hawai'i....Women's basketball was getting good (although I admit it was against lesser talent than in the Big 12), and Mitte messed up...and that program hasn't really recovered yet....I hate to see it, but times and tempers of the times will likely result in a search for different basketball leadership on the men's side...which will result in a 3-4 year reconstruction, if at all....

Last edited:

Wexahu

Notice I said sustained success....In regards to football, the outliers are the Sun Bowl, the Rose Bowl, the Peach Bowl, the Alamo Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl....But in between those stellar occasions, there are mediocre spans which inevitably put a drain on recruiting....The NIT seemed to be the resurrecting event for men's basketball, then there was Hawai'i....Women's basketball was getting good (although I admit it was against lesser talent than in the Big 12), and Mitte messed up...and that program hasn't really recovered yet....
Well, we haven't been like Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State or Georgia, but name me another football program that has sustained success over the past 15 years.

We are a smallish private school and it's really hard to have sustained success in the major sports when that is the case, especially in football.

LisaLT

There seems to be some very unstable individuals posting on Instagram these days. What a shame that what goes on behind the scenes has to be made SO public in such an embarrassing way. I always liked Lampkin and thought he brought a lot of energy and fun and passion to the game, but this exchange and his mother's exchange - it is really ugly - no matter what is going on. This is no way to handle your business.

hometown frog

….would use a racial slur. But then again we have seen it happen when it wasn't meant to as a direct insult.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Notice I said sustained success....In regards to football, the outliers are the Sun Bowl, the Rose Bowl, the Peach Bowl, the Alamo Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl....But in between those stellar occasions, there are mediocre spans which inevitably put a drain on recruiting....The NIT seemed to be the resurrecting event for men's basketball, then there was Hawai'i....Women's basketball was getting good (although I admit it was against lesser talent than in the Big 12), and Mitte messed up...and that program hasn't really recovered yet....I hate to see it, but times and tempers of the times will likely result in a search for different basketball leadership on the men's side...which will result in a 3-4 year reconstruction, if at all....
1802158273-EYTB2.jpg

Wexahu

There seems to be some very unstable individuals posting on Instagram these days. What a shame that what goes on behind the scenes has to be made SO public in such an embarrassing way. I always liked Lampkin and thought he brought a lot of energy and fun and passion to the game, but this exchange and his mother's exchange - it is really ugly - no matter what is going on. This is no way to handle your business.
Exactly. It's embarrassing.

Horny 4 Life

Unfortunately, this is how "business" is handled in the modern world.

Latest posts