• The KillerFrogs

ATTN: All Those Now Bailing Out On TCU Football

Mean Purple

Would Ohio State or Michigan hire a Paterno?
depends: with what was pushed by the media and the state's politicians (who were covering for another) back then, or with what is actually known now.

If with what is known now, and it was vintage Joe winning, possibly. Turned out Paterno went straight to the university admin officers including the one who was in charge of interior investigations/legal items and had oversight of university police. And their was a process prescribed by state law that he followed. And he had urged someone to go to the cops who had more actual knowledge. But that took years to come out and is still not talked about. So it could still be bad pr.

LisaLT

It’s amazing what can happen in 19 days on Jan 1 we were at an all-time high…just beat Michigan, playing for a Natty, applications at record levels and with one ridiculously stupid hire, we are pissing it all away!

The only thing more disgusting then this awful hire has been the comments and reaction of my fellow Frogs! Winning is a very potent drug, it’s obvious some people on here can’t handle it!

We don’t have all the facts of what exactly happened down in Waco, SucksToBU has been busy writing checks and signing NDAs to cover it all up so we may never hear from the victims and learn how much ol’ Art and KB were involved in the cover up. What we do know is that there were 19 alleged sexual assaults including 4 gang rapes during the Briles’ stewardship of the football program. I for one do not want my beloved university associated with that school or the Briles name in any way shape or form! Those who believe like I do have let our voices be heard to the athletic director and head football coach and they are choosing to ignore us. I will not speak for anybody else but I can not in good conscience cheer and support a squad with a Briles on the staff. Every Frog supporter will have to make their own decision. It’s extremely sad that Sonny and Jeremiah have put all of us in this situation for a mediocre OC with zero skins on the wall.
Can I ask you how many "skins on the wall" did Sonny have before we hired him? Or Garrett Riley? How do you know that KB will be a mediocre OC with better talent around him?

In some ways, this might be the one hire that improves the program more than OC Riley. Not that money doesn't matter because that is a huge component, but KB had to know the enormity of the [ Finebaum ] storm his hiring would bring among older fans. He is a controversial figure. For him to accept the job means there will be VERY high expectations on him. He must have a lot of confidence he can do as good or better a job than Riley to walk into this situation. He could EASILY have stayed at Arky - they had a lucrative contact extension for him.

As long as he walks the walk and is a good coach, and the PLAYERS like him - I will always support the program. I only hope for the best outcome here.

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
depends: with what was pushed by the media and the state's politicians (who were covering for another) back then, or with what is actually known now.

If with what is known now, and it was vintage Joe winning, possibly. Turned out Paterno went straight to the university admin officers including the one who was in charge of interior investigations/legal items and had oversight of university police. And their was a process prescribed by state law that he followed. And he had urged someone to go to the cops who had more actual knowledge. But that took years to come out and is still not talked about. So it could still be bad pr.

There's a lot more smoke to it, dating all the way back to 1976. Joe Paterno was a piece of [ Finebaum ] that knowingly employed an accused and later convicted pedophile for decades.

Good PR has put it out, saving face for the university and Paterno family while convincing many it's just bad PR.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
I'll never celebrate the loss of a group of Frog supporters.

I hope Briles proves to be a good OC and good guy and that all fans' trust is earned (or re-earned).
Since OCTF is going to be here and Sonny is now running TCU, I think they both need to address the “do you like white women” stuff. TCU is 60% women and they deserve to know what he has learned since those days.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I view it is TCU bailing on the fans, not the other way around.
My view is quite similar: The current leadership at TCU has decided that they don't care what fans think, and will greenlight the hire of an individual with a grotesque incident in his familial and professional past. Evidently, it is just fine to hire this person because, by gum, the Head Coach and his Dad are buddies, and like a good pal the Head Coach brought on the Son as a rehabilitation project. ADJD and VBo were apparently all hunky-dory with this, and what was Somebody Else's Problem is now ours.

Gosh! When is the Press Conference? You'd think, with a hire of this magnitude, a by-Ghod SEC Coach and all, we'd be having a ticker-tape parade! Oddly, I haven't seen one as yet. Maybe next week...

Anyway, current leadership has tossed TCU's integrity over the side with this hire. "Don't need that anymore, just gets in the way. We're out for some wins!" They couldn't care less about Fan reaction. And, why should they? They're fine with some people waving off. "Screw 'em! There's plenty more out there!" Seems like most of this here community is fully on board with hiring this person, tossing his history down the Memory Hole and rationalizing the whole thing away, while ranking on those who are still afflicted with a conscience and are rightly appalled. So be it.

How long till Warden Art is hanging around the program? A week? Two? Won't it be nice having such a Sage of Texas Football hanging around, talking with the kids, giving the Coaches tips and pointers from his years of experience...

Eight

My view is quite similar: The current leadership at TCU has decided that they don't care what fans think, and will greenlight the hire of an individual with a grotesque incident in his familial and professional past. Evidently, it is just fine to hire this person because, by gum, the Head Coach and his Dad are buddies, and like a good pal the Head Coach brought on the Son as a rehabilitation project. ADJD and VBo were apparently all hunky-dory with this, and what was Somebody Else's Problem is now ours.

Gosh! When is the Press Conference? You'd think, with a hire of this magnitude, a by-Ghod SEC Coach and all, we'd be having a ticker-tape parade! Oddly, I haven't seen one as yet. Maybe next week...

Anyway, current leadership has tossed TCU's integrity over the side with this hire. "Don't need that anymore, just gets in the way. We're out for some wins!" They couldn't care less about Fan reaction. And, why should they? They're fine with some people waving off. "Screw 'em! There's plenty more out there!" Seems like most of this here community is fully on board with hiring this person, tossing his history down the Memory Hole and rationalizing the whole thing away, while ranking on those who are still afflicted with a conscience and are rightly appalled. So be it.

How long till Warden Art is hanging around the program? A week? Two? Won't it be nice having such a Sage of Texas Football hanging around, talking with the kids, giving the Coaches tips and pointers from his years of experience...

think you are way off base as to why sonny wants to hire kendall, but each to their own

as to the issue that "current" tcu leadership has tossed aside the institutions integrity with THIS hire, that is naive to me as winning has glossed over things that have happened in the last decade or so but again, each to their own

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass

And what does this say about the type of player SD is willing to bring in? I honestly don't know enough about the type of player he recruited at his past stops, but this hire tells me he won't have the same standards we're used to with GP. (I recognize we've had our problems, but there was at least an appearance of morality.)

Seems to me that we've entered a "win at all costs" phase. This could bring in a bunch of t-shirt fans if the winning keeps on, but it's sure to drive away some loyals regardless of the results--or at least decrease their passion and spending. It's a high risk situation. Hope ADJD has run the numbers.

FrogBall09

Please double down on your intentions to quit the program and then post your football seat locations so we can all see what upgrade options are coming open this next go round. EXCITING TIMES FOR MANY!!!
West side club
Not a joke. More like the Ticket Forum. Let the multitude of guys bailing put it into an easy to locate list format and let the rest of us study the strategies for upgrades that are coming on the horizon. Come on guys, don’t be shy!
mine are west side club middle section - if you got the $100k it will take to get them from ADJD - be my guest

Eight

And what does this say about the type of player SD is willing to bring in? I honestly don't know enough about the type of player he recruited at his past stops, but this hire tells me he won't have the same standards we're used to with GP. (I recognize we've had our problems, but there was at least an appearance of morality.)

Seems to me that we've entered a "win at all costs" phase. This could bring in a bunch of t-shirt fans if the winning keeps on, but it's sure to drive away some loyals regardless of the results--or at least decrease their passion and spending. It's a high risk situation. Hope ADJD has run the numbers.

you haven't been paying too much attention to some of the kids tcu has brought in or tried to bring, specifically since joining the big 12

some grade risks, one kid who was suspended and thrown off his high school team, a transfer with a very interesting back story in light of the reaction to the briles' hiring

plus the things that were public such as a law suit by a player about claims how an injury was treated which was just a few years after an incident in view during a game between a coach and a medical staff member

hmm...then there were 4 players in the "drug sting", casey's transcript released, casey's dui, the fields issueS, the boykin incident at the bowl which i am certain is that only time that every happened while he was a frog, the turpin incidents.............yep, things have completely gone to win at all costs with the hire of sonny dykes

Bruce Berry

You people kill me. You knew what kind of guy Sonny was.

He sent a player out to hit one of our coaches in the head with their helmet when he was at SMU. No scruples. Hiring Briles should be no surprise.

Horny4TCU

You people kill me. You knew what kind of guy Sonny was.

He sent a player out to hit one of our coaches in the head with their helmet when he was at SMU. No scruples. Hiring Briles should be no surprise.
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I need more to this story...

Brog

Interesting that you "know" what the current leadership at TCU thinks. Just curious, but when was your appointment with Boschini to talk this over. Maybe right after your visit with the current TCU Board of Trustees to see what they were thinking?. Or surely you had an appointment with Delconti. Fill us in that that, will you?

LisaLT

you haven't been paying too much attention to some of the kids tcu has brought in or tried to bring, specifically since joining the big 12

some grade risks, one kid who was suspended and thrown off his high school team, a transfer with a very interesting back story in light of the reaction to the briles' hiring

plus the things that were public such as a law suit by a player about claims how an injury was treated which was just a few years after an incident in view during a game between a coach and a medical staff member

hmm...then there were 4 players in the "drug sting", casey's transcript released, casey's dui, the fields issueS, the boykin incident at the bowl which i am certain is that only time that every happened while he was a frog, the turpin incidents.............yep, things have completely gone to win at all costs with the hire of sonny dykes
devonte fields is another

Latest posts