• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: BREAKING: TCU hires Kendal Briles as new offensive coordinator

Wexahu

Most of the hirings so far have been stephenville/Briles connections. With the exception of Kaz, they weren’t clearly better than other options imo. It is fair and reasonable to think the next hirings will also be Briles connections too. There is definitely a pattern now.
I think Gillespie was a great hire. He did an amazing job IMO given what he had to work with. And recruited some really quality prospects as well.

Rifframbahzoo20

Comment from the Reddit thread:

“Yea... Kendall was arguably just as, if not more involved, than Art. I really don't want to open this can or worms again though.”

From a baylor fan nonetheless

Dogfrog

Yes, you can very easily refute that nonsense. Go back to the 2016 threads where that garbage was torn to shreds and Baylor was a laughingstock for trying to pull that crap. We were America's favorite college football team that week for demolishing them during the CAB game.

TCU forums defending Art friggin Briles. You can't make it up.

I don't think either of them should be on our staff either.
I’ll let you go back and look at 2016 threads. Of course people obsessed about our rival Baylor.

ftwfrog

We have always been liked by the general public for what we overcame coming from the WAC all the way up to the Big 12. We are not going to be well liked anymore by serious college football fans. Of course most “college football fans” have never even heard the name Art Briles before but people who pay attention to it have.
Do people look down upon FAU, Houston, Florida State and Arkansas?

It’s not like we hired OJ the night after the murders.

For scheiss sake we have some thin skinned fans, (I’m actually starting to believe these new found posters are trolls from that truck stop to the south of us).

ftwfrog

I'm pretty sure Kendal is the only guy on the staff that Sonny has a past personal history with. Idon't know that for certain so feel free to fact check me there. But i do know this staff isn't chalk full of all of Sonny's friends and former players. And KB is a legit coordinator who has been sought after by several major programs over the last 5 years.

This isn't even in the same ballpark as what Gary was doing with his staff.
You mean he’s hiring competent coaches?? It’s odd that our “fans” have a problem with that.

Eight

Most of the hirings so far have been stephenville/Briles connections. With the exception of Kaz, they weren’t clearly better than other options imo. It is fair and reasonable to think the next hirings will also be Briles connections too. There is definitely a pattern now.

stephenville briles connection w the o-line coach? samples then jones? malcolm and meacham? first d-line coach and macfarland? gonzales? special teams coach? jordan? carrington?

Jet Set Frog

I'm as disappointed in this hire as anyone, as having someone with the last name Briles as a part of this program just seems wrong. I had similar (though not as deeply felt) issues when Kaz was brought onto the program since he was a part of the CAB administration that presided over the disgusting actions of that football program. However, by all accounts, Kaz has been an absolute game changer for this program; not just in developing the strength an conditioning of our players, but also by making very positive impacts on the players as somewhat of a "life coach".

My sincerest hope is that the deletarious effects the sins of the father had on both the state of the Baylor football program and, to a greater extent, the women who were assaulted made an incredible and indelible impact on Kendal Briles, and the he's able to use those experiences to make a positive impact on TCU's program and players.