• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

McFroggin

You keep saying this….I’ll take actual wins and red zone scoring over offensive yards any day.

In fact, I think that was a major gripe among Arky fans with him, his red zone offensive performance. Could be wrong though.

This is the best offense Arkansas has seen in awhile. You really expect Arkansas to up and dominate the SEC west with the recruits they get?

Think of it like Kansas being 4th in yards and 6th in the Big12 in 2022. Your argument is that they sucked because they still didn’t get many wins and the could have scored more. For Kansas, they had a scheissing great year! They are used to crap teams that finish last.

Briles has improved the offense every year he has been there. This offense scored more than the previous 6 years and hasn’t put together these yard numbers in a decade.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I stick by my Sunday post. The TCU big cigars will not allow a Briles on staff.

Despite this past season and its greatness HCSD does not run the university. Not when it comes to something like this.

Now after all the online controversy I am more sure of it.

Chongo94

This is the best offense Arkansas has seen in awhile. You really expect Arkansas to up and dominate the SEC west with the recruits they get?

Think of it like Kansas being 4th in yards and 6th in the Big12 in 2022. Your argument is that they sucked because they still didn’t get many wins and the could have scored more. For Kansas, they had a scheissing great year! They are used to crap teams that finish last.

Briles has improved the offense every year he has been there. This offense scored more than the previous 6 years and hasn’t put together these yard numbers in a decade.
And yet, for all of that, they had a worse record than his prior year there…

Look, you’ll never convince me as I spent far too much time around Tech fans when living in Lbk. All they talked about was stats and yards. They loved that they threw for 463 yards one game, while still losing the actual game! It was mind-numbing. I'll always take wins over yards, sorry.

McFroggin

And yet, for all of that, they had a worse record than his prior year there…

Look, you’ll never convince me as I spent far too much time around Tech fans when living in Lbk. All they talked about was stats and yards. They loved that they threw for 463 yards one game, while still losing the actual game! It was mind-numbing. I'll always take wins over yards, sorry.

Briles isn’t the DC. It isn’t his job to hold the other team to fewer points than he can score. If this was about Briles being our HC, I’d agree with you. As it’s a job that just requires yards and scoring against good defenses, I won’t question a damn thing if Dykes wants him.

Sangria Wine

My biggest problem with Baylor at the end of the Briles era (other than the crimes and cover ups) was the excuses and denials from their fans. Am disapppointed to see the same from frog fans with the prospect of this guy coming here.

If he is hired I am finished as a frog fan.

Any suggestions for other schools to cheer for.
BAYLOR!

Hemingway

just imagine how different alec baldwin's life might be if he kept that promise
Deleted post. Yup, should’ve left the country but broke his promise ( for reasons I will not mention), I think he’s blaming the film crew for the incident now.

Chongo94

The chancellor, the AD, and the board have all approved it. They are waiting for this to die down then announce. Should never be in this position to hire a mediocre OC for all of this blowback.
Well that’s sad if true. Gonna diminish a lot of good will they built up this past season.

Best case scenario would be that he somehow performs gangbusters (which won’t happen because he’s an average OC) and he gets poached or leaves after one season.

McFroggin

Well that’s sad if true. Gonna diminish a lot of good will they built up this past season.

Best case scenario would be that he somehow performs gangbusters (which won’t happen because he’s an average OC) and he gets poached or leaves after one season.

Quit the nonsense. He has been at Arkansas 3 years. The entire offense has greatly improved, scoring about 10 more ppg than prior to his arrival. Arky hasn’t rushed for this many yards since McFadden and Felix Jones dominated there together. Most Arky fans really like him for what he has accomplished. In the same years that rushing has improved, their offense is setting school records.

At Baylor (8 years), he learned from his father and then led great offenses at Baylor of all places. Baylor was a joke of a football program in the 2000’s.

At FSU, he was fired when a new head coach was hired - head coach required that he bring his own OC like Dykes/Riley. Briles was a last ditch effort hire to save a job because of his turnaround at UH just before.

To build up his goodwill and credibility, you can’t be surprised that any OC would jump from FAU to UH to FSU. Everyone here would have upgraded like that as well given the opportunity.

Now with 3 good years in the SEC west, he sees an opportunity at TCU - defending 2nd place team in the nation. Who wouldn’t jump at that?

Chongo94

Quit the nonsense. He has been at Arkansas 3 years. The entire offense has greatly improved, scoring about 10 more ppg than prior to his arrival. Arky hasn’t rushed for this many yards since McFadden and Felix Jones dominated there together. Most Arky fans really like him for what he has accomplished. In the same years that rushing has improved, their offense is setting school records.

At Baylor (8 years), he learned from his father and then led great offenses at Baylor of all places. Baylor was a joke of a football program in the 2000’s.

At FSU, he was fired when a new head coach was hired - head coach required that he bring his own OC like Dykes/Riley. Briles was a last ditch effort hire to save a job because of his turnaround at UH just before.

To build up his goodwill and credibility, you can’t be surprised that any OC would jump from FAU to UH to FSU. Everyone here would have upgraded like that as well given the opportunity.

Now with 3 good years in the SEC west, he sees an opportunity at TCU - defending 2nd place team in the nation. Who wouldn’t jump at that?
You can keep saying the same thing, as you have for the last week now, it won’t make a difference.

And again, it wasn’t three good years….they went 3-7 during one of those seasons and 7-6 this season. You really do seem like a Tech fan when it comes to stats, yards, and “good seasons.”

McFroggin

You can keep saying the same thing, as you have for the last week now, it won’t make a difference.

And again, it wasn’t three good years….they went 3-7 during one of those seasons and 7-6 this season. You really do seem like a Tech fan when it comes to stats, yards, and “good seasons.”

Stats matter for coordinators.
W/L matters for head coaches.

It is Dykes’ job to find a combo that works for his system.

Tech scores a lot of points with the air raid. Is it their OC’s fault they aren’t winning more? GP didn’t think so when he took SC.

ReedFrawg

I honestly hope many of you all vowing to leave Frog fandom if KB gets the job will reconsider.

Not leaving frog fandom but football season tickets are likely gone.

The chancellor, the AD, and the board have all approved it. They are waiting for this to die down then announce. Should never be in this position to hire a mediocre OC for all of this blowback.

This is not going to die down.