• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

tjcoffice

I think an intelligent, reasonable person can conclude he knew everything going on and participated in covering it up, perhaps facilitating it to some degree, whether he was formally accused, charged or convicted.
Sure, but if he was not charged, that means some prosecutor determined the evidence was not there. Its safe to assume most proesecutors want to indict cases they expect to win. I hope they do not hire the guy. But, am willing to trust the coach - SD - and the administration to make sure.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sure, but if he was not charged, that means some prosecutor determined the evidence was not there. Its safe to assume most proesecutors want to indict cases they expect to win. I hope they do not hire the guy. But, am willing to trust the coach - SD - and the administration to make sure.
Just means no one could prove it. Like I said, a reasonable, intelligent person ...

At least insert the word "allegedly" in there since there is no actual evidence that he ever covered up a single rape much less a proven conviction of such actions.
Hard to understand your continued defense of KB. What if you’re on the wrong side of this argument? chances are high you probably are, so why the risk and sticking your neck out for him? Makes no sense to me

I prefer to err on the side of caution. All signs point to he is a rape apologist just like his dad. Doesn’t pass the sniff test

froginmn

And the legal departments and athletic departments at 4 previous universities somehow missed everything?
Do you think it's remotely likely that if Lane Kiffin wanted to hire Briles Jr. that FAU would ride into Waco with investigators to see if there was anything there?

Of course not - they take Baylor's "investigation" as cover and say they're reasonably protected based upon that.

Wexahu

Just means no one could prove it. Like I said, a reasonable, intelligent person ...
I don't care much for Art Briles, in fact I think the guy is pretty much a scumbag, but I also think there was some embellishments as far as the accusations of what went on down there are concerned.

It would have been a completely different deal IMO if Baylor was going 5-7 instead of 10-2 and 11-1.

Hemingway

What other schools? No school is going to spend the time to send investigators to Waco to try to see if Baylor's cover up could be cracked. They're going to use the cover of BU's "investigation" to justify their hire.
Don’t you think Sonny and Gill would have better knowledge of the situation than us? If you don’t trust them, then let’s fire everyone right now

froginmn

Don’t you think Sonny and Gill would have better knowledge of the situation than us? If you don’t trust them, then let’s fire everyone right now
Of course they'd have "better knowledge" but I'm quite sure that Sonny doesn't know the specific details of what happened within the Baylor program between 2013-2017. That time period at that school was one of the worst stains on college football; I'd rather not hire a guy who very possibly was directly involved with it.

Mostly unrelated, I love the irony of:

Last year: we gave the head coach too much leeway with his hires and it derailed the program.

This year:

no-im-not-trump-weird-horse.gif

Hemingway

Of course they'd have "better knowledge" but I'm quite sure that Sonny doesn't know the specific details of what happened within the Baylor program between 2013-2017. That time period at that school was one of the worst stains on college football; I'd rather not hire a guy who very possibly was directly involved with it.

Mostly unrelated, I love the irony of:

Last year: we gave the head coach too much leeway with his hires and it derailed the program.

This year:

no-im-not-trump-weird-horse.gif
Call off the search boys.. we’ve already found our new HC/CEO right here

Prime BEEF

I forget, which sins did Jesus not forgive?
This is a ridiculous comment. 2 key parts of his forgiveness are repentance and asking for forgiveness. Repentance meaning…sincere regret or remorse.

Maybe KB is repentant and sorry for what happened at Baylor…doubt any of us are close enough to him to know that. However, him supporting the #CAB movement (wearing during games) and the lack of public statements saying he’s sorry about it certainly gives the perception that he’s not. But perception isn’t always accurate and KB could easily straighten things out if he wanted to or cared to.

Pharm Frog

This is a ridiculous comment. 2 key parts of his forgiveness are repentance and asking for forgiveness. Repentance meaning…sincere regret or remorse.

Maybe KB is repentant and sorry for what happened at Baylor…doubt any of us are close enough to him to know that. However, him supporting the #CAB movement (wearing during games) and the lack of public statements saying he’s sorry about it certainly gives the perception that he’s not. But perception isn’t always accurate and KB could easily straighten things out if he wanted to or cared to.
So why not Art? He’s better than Kendall and would come cheaper. Art was never “convicted” of anything. Don’t we think that high school he coached at did it’s due diligence?