• The KillerFrogs

Bowls B12 Rules

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sean Penn GIF by Filmin
Well, Brevity Frog is MIA, so somebody has to shoulder the mantle of laconic discourse around here...

Planks

Unless this is part of the new structure, the bowls picked the at large and they never used rankings to make the decision - they did it based on potential $. Unless they are obligated to go by rankings now, it would certainly go to Alabama/USC/OSU (whoever is left out with us). So every focus needs to be on this game because it could drop us significantly for post season.

I believe under the new system, the committee assigns the “at-large” spots (Cotton Bowl). However in the contract bowls (Sugar Bowl, Orange, Rose), if the contracted conference champion goes to the playoff, then the bowl gets to pick a replacement from the same conference.

If we lose, the only NY6 bowl we can only go to the Cotton against UCF/Tulane, but I think it’s a near lock the committee would place us there

East Coast

Tier 1
Unless this is part of the new structure, the bowls picked the at large and they never used rankings to make the decision - they did it based on potential $. Unless they are obligated to go by rankings now, it would certainly go to Alabama/USC/OSU (whoever is left out with us). So every focus needs to be on this game because it could drop us significantly for post season.
NY6 bowls not in that year's semifinals choose by their contractual obligations (sometimes they have a choice but usually not). After all contractual obligations are met, the committee chooses the remaining spots. The Cotton always has 2 spots, and almost always one of them goes to a G5 school. To me, from most to least likely, we will end up in one of the Fiesta, Cotton, Peach, or Alamo Bowls.

Froggy Bottom

It sucks but if we lose, we aren’t the B12 champs and we are out of the CFP

No CFP team means K-State goes to Sugar Bowl as B12 champ

It’s insane that we can lose so much on one game we shouldn’t even have to play since K-state can’t have a better head to head, conference or overall record against us even if they win this game

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

It’s insane that we can lose so much on one game we shouldn’t even have to play since K-state can’t have a better head to head, conference or overall record against us even if they win this game
They have nothing to lose. Nothing.

We have literally everything we have worked for and achieved up to now at stake.

Froggy Bottom

They have nothing to lose. Nothing.

We have literally everything we have worked for and achieved up to now at stake.
Exactly

B12 truly stunning lack of foresight when they didn’t consider this possibility in a round robin league and write into the rules that if this scenario occurred, no title game is required and the team whose record can’t be surpassed in any way (H2H, conference or overall) is the automatic champion

Panther City Frog

Exactly

B12 truly stunning lack of foresight when they didn’t consider this possibility in a round robin league and write into the rules that if this scenario occurred, no title game is required and the team whose record can’t be surpassed in any way (H2H, conference or overall) is the automatic champion

Too much money to be had

bwnorx

We’re of the same mindset. I think it’s a travesty, a sham, and a mockery- a TRAVESHAMOCKERY- that it’s even mathematically possible to wind up in the Alamo Bowl. The Cotton would be bad enough (bc of the opponent), but the Alamo would reflect all that’s wrong on the world of cash-first college football. It’s also [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] that K State winds up in the sugar bowl. There should be some sort of rule that even if a team loses their conf champ game, if they have a +1 or 2 W/L differential, the team with more wins should go. K State doesn’t deserve a NY6 bowl after losing to Tulane, period end of story. Similarly, what happens with Michigan if they lose to Purdue? I’m just at a loss for words at the possibility of the Alamo Bow and I don’t know why more backlash isn’t being shown already. At this point I’m hoping the conf champ game refs are being directed to make things much more favorable for us on Saturday.

Jet Set Frog

Some of you guys....smh.

I almost think some of you secretly WANT to see us lose and get passed up so your martyrdom can continue.

Is that what you got out of that? I've read all the comments as bemoning the possiblity the greatest extent possible. Doesn't seem like ANYONE has any desire at all for that to happen.