• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Gameday this week in Austin

TCUdirtbag

So far this year (including UT):
- Played as a ranked team 6 times (of 10)
- Played 5 then-ranked Top 25 teams (OU, KU, OSU, KSU, UT)
- Played 4 national broadcast network games (OU, OSU, and UT on ABC and Tech on FOX) [plus 2 on big ESPN - Colorado and WVU]
- Played in 4 Top 25 v. Top 25 matchups (KU, OSU, KSU, UT)
- Played in two College Gameday games (KU, UT)
- Played one Big Noon Kickoff game (Tech)

That’s unprecedented national exposure for TCU. And there’s a good shot Baylor is going to get ranked to pad all of the above and we get Big Noon Kickoff again at Baylor (Matt Sarzyniak is predicting as much: https://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2022/11/cfb-tv-guesses-for-2022-week-11-111522.html?m=1)

Last edited:

allclearforfrogs

This is exactly what I was afraid of. This is exactly why I wanted KSU to win. The energy Saturday night in Austin will be big. It's not something that will doom us, it just makes things a little harder. There will be around 100k there. As long as Max is "on," we will be ok.

Moose Stuff

But everyone hates and disrespects us, especially the TV networks, and will do whatever they can to keep us down.

Our inferiority complex would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic.
Poster on the other board says sending Game Day to Austin is part of the conspiracy to make it harder for us to win so the SEC can get 3 teams in the playoff. And he was serious.

Moose Stuff

This is exactly what I was afraid of. This is exactly why I wanted KSU to win. The energy Saturday night in Austin will be big. It's not something that will doom us, it just makes things a little harder. There will be around 100k there. As long as Max is "on," we will be ok.
You think a show that ends at 11:00 AM is gonna impact a game that starts 7 1/2 hours later and a crowd that was already gonna be massive and energized???

Wexahu

You could make the argument that it will be harder on them. Lots of distractions, added outside pressure on the home team. I think stuff like this, playing at a Gameday location, night game, etc etc is highly overrated. Once the ball is kicked, it’s football. We shouldn’t have a problem bringing energy, I’m more worried about whether we are good enough.

Frog-in-law1995

You think a show that ends at 11:00 AM is gonna impact a game that starts 7 1/2 hours later and a crowd that was already gonna be massive and energized???
Seemed like we got a boost from gameday against Utah, but it was our first-ever CGD. This will be the second in Austin this season. But yeah, Austin will be rocking either way

Wexahu

FWIW we are likely going to be 6-7 point underdogs. Believe it or not Texas is #7 and we are #13 in the Sagarin rankings.

I don’t really get it, but that’s what it is. Baylor is #12 btw.