• The KillerFrogs

OKLASTATE AND THE MEDIA

Toad Jones

HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW MUCH THE MEDIA LOVES OKLAHOMA STATE? IT'S SO PRONOUNCED, It's SICKENING. Can't understand the love affair.

Listen to those guys on college radio shows, and it's all about the SEC and B10. If and when they talk about the BIG12, OKST is mentioned first and often. They know so little about the Big12 they bring in some podcast guy from the Big12.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

This. Same reason Bama is still up there, and why UTerus, despite their THREE losses, still shows up in the TOP TEN of one of ESPN's rankings. Some horsepoopy about, "If on a neutral field against a hypothetically-strong opponent, who would win."
Vegas would have Texas favored by 3 points over us today.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yesterday during the long drive home, I put the radio on ESPNU and listened to two hours of Luginbill giving a tongue-bath to Oregon. The few times the Frogs were mentioned, it was almost in passing, as there were weightier matters to be discussed. The greatness that is Tennessee, why there should be 3 SEC teams in the Playoff, (and this is the most galling one, considering...) how "Media and advertiser pressure will make it hard for The Committee to pick regional teams that represent America." What? I mean, ESPN/Disney control all aspects of the Playoff. Whoever they want in there gets in there. It's Week 9 and they're already prepping the field with disinformational gobbledygook. Like they at ESPN are powerless, mere commentators on the Stage of Life, instead of little cogs in the Great Machine that will poop out the Mythical National Champion of their choosing.

Ugh. More coffee...

Wexahu

Have you NOTICED HOW MUCH THE MEDIA LOVES OKLAHOMA STATE? IT'S SO PREANNOUNCED, It's SICKENING. Can't understand the love affair.
No, I really haven't.

Let me guess, the media said something nice about Oklahoma State. Oh my gosh. How dare they. Unless they are promoting the greatness of TCU pretty much 24/7, they aren't objective and they aren't doing their job. Do better, media.

Wexahu

This. Same reason Bama is still up there, and why UTerus, despite their THREE losses, still shows up in the TOP TEN of one of ESPN's rankings. Some horsepoopy about, "If on a neutral field against a hypothetically-strong opponent, who would win."
Imagine what you'd be saying if it was Oklahoma State who was called for 14 penalties to Texas' zero on Saturday. I guess the refs missed the ESPN memo, huh? Seriously, I can only imagine what the narrative would be. Oh wait, I guess ESPN loves Okie State more than Texas now, right? Wait, uh, what were we talking about? It's so confusing. All I know is nobody ever says anything good about TCU and ESPN hates us, no matter what happens. I mean, they'll show up fairly regularly to our games for Gameday, but they still hate us and want nothing but failure for TCU.

Oh wait, another thing, why would they be ranking UT? We play them in a few weeks, wouldn't they want us to not have another win over a ranked team? That's what I always hear when SEC and Big 10 teams are ranked. How does this work?

Stuff like this is ridiculous.

Eight

d
Yesterday during the long drive home, I put the radio on ESPNU and listened to two hours of Luginbill giving a tongue-bath to Oregon. The few times the Frogs were mentioned, it was almost in passing, as there were weightier matters to be discussed. The greatness that is Tennessee, why there should be 3 SEC teams in the Playoff, (and this is the most galling one, considering...) how "Media and advertiser pressure will make it hard for The Committee to pick regional teams that represent America." What? I mean, ESPN/Disney control all aspects of the Playoff. Whoever they want in there gets in there. It's Week 9 and they're already prepping the field with disinformational gobbledygook. Like they at ESPN are powerless, mere commentators on the Stage of Life, instead of little cogs in the Great Machine that will poop out the Mythical National Champion of their choosing.

Ugh. More coffee...
don't understand why some of you let those who profit off throwing [ Finebaum ] at the proverbial wall steal from the joy of this season

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Have you NOTICED HOW MUCH THE MEDIA LOVES OKLAHOMA STATE? IT'S SO PREANNOUNCED, It's SICKENING. Can't understand the love affair.

Was this the word you were meaning to use?

pro·nounced
[prəˈnounst]

ADJECTIVE
  1. very noticeable or marked; conspicuous:

Wexahu

State schools always get the juice unless you are USC or ND. Maybe Miami.

The XM college guys were talking again Sunday that TCU doesn’t have the brand popularity to make the CPS when up against bigger names. Asked if it is fair? The answer is no, just said it’s the way things are done.
Since when are "XM college guys" the arbiter of truth? They are just mindless talking heads just like everyone else.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
d

don't understand why some of you let those who profit off throwing [ #2020 ] at the proverbial wall steal from the joy of this season
Eh. I knew what I was going to be getting. The curiosity was how the results of the week would be massaged into the Continuing Narrative and Agenda.

After it was done I put on some ELO. Relentless happiness.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Since when are "XM college guys" the arbiter of truth? They are just mindless talking heads just like everyone else.
Never said they were, but they likely have more incite than you, regardless of what you seem to think.

Much of this comes from a large group of journalists (including XM people) that were invited to the previously mentioned mock selections run by the CF and who commented on the blue blood bias all during this season And last.