• The KillerFrogs

Matador Club offers $25K contracts to 100 Texas Tech football players

Chongo94

wait, a site raises $4,000 and you think that is impressive?

were they selling lemonade and cupcakes to raise these funds? pooling tips?

got it, the old stand by school fund raiser

51t8TLS-XML.jpg
Forgot about these ha. They were actually pretty dang good.

bp4tcu

wait, a site raises $4,000 and you think that is impressive?

were they selling lemonade and cupcakes to raise these funds? pooling tips?

got it, the old stand by school fund raiser

51t8TLS-XML.jpg
Yeah, I think it's impressive. $4k isn't a ton of money but the fact that one message board raised it in a couple hours all in the spirit of a bit, that's impressive to me.

You think this place could pull it off? Let's try.
The Sand Aggies sure talk a lot for the amount of football games they win. I remember this same excitement from them when Kilff was hired. We know how that went.
Agree they talk but as I've said college football is all what you've done for me lately and they have a lot more momentum than we do. We both ended the season with an interim coach. They went to a bowl game and won, we went home with a 5-7 record. I'm not defending them but a stones/glass houses things at the moment. The momentum is in their favor far more than ours for a number of reasons. I don't know anyone who was galvanized by the Sonny hire, I certainly wasn't.

We'll see what happens this season but they're on a role.

Eight

Yeah, I think it's impressive. $4k isn't a ton of money but the fact that one message board raised it in a couple hours all in the spirit of a bit, that's impressive to me.

Agree they talk but as I've said college football is all what you've done for me lately and they have a lot more momentum than we do. We both ended the season with an interim coach. They went to a bowl game and won, we went home with a 5-7 record. I'm not defending them but a stones/glass houses things at the moment. The momentum is in their favor far more than ours for a number of reasons. I don't know anyone who was galvanized by the Sonny hire, I certainly wasn't.

yes you are defending them

please list the reasons why the "momentum" is in their favor more than "ours" for a number of reasons

bp4tcu

yes you are defending them

please list the reasons why the "momentum" is in their favor more than "ours" for a number of reasons
I'm not defending them, if anything it's jealousy like I said.

Reasons:
-Finished the season with a bowl win and winning record, we finished 5-7 and didn't make a bowl.
-Recruiting: currently in 14th, we're at 32
-Coaching hire that galvanized the entire fan base, and TX high school coaches just about everywhere. Out side of DFW, Sonny didn't move the needle.
-$250 million stadium add on
-One of the most lucrative if not the most lucrative NIL deals in college football. Something of which our coach mouthed off about and right, wrong or indifferent what he said, it's something their entire fan base rallied around, as dumb as it may have been. That's stuff that adds to a rivalry and they'll be carrying with them come November 5th.

I'm not saying they're winning the Big 12 this year, but they're trending up. I'm not so sure for us. I wanted GP gone more than just about anyone but I have no reason to believe we upgraded. I think Sonny will end up being a very lack luster hire and will have us consistently around .500 at best.

Ron Swanson

It seems to me that you didn’t agree with the Sonny Dykes hire so you’re just Negative Nancy TCU everything right now.

Sonny seems to be doing everything right so far and I’m happy with the hire and our current football program situation.

ticketfrog123

I'm not defending them, if anything it's jealousy like I said.

Reasons:
-Finished the season with a bowl win and winning record, we finished 5-7 and didn't make a bowl.
-Recruiting: currently in 14th, we're at 32
-Coaching hire that galvanized the entire fan base, and TX high school coaches just about everywhere. Out side of DFW, Sonny didn't move the needle.
-$250 million stadium add on
-One of the most lucrative if not the most lucrative NIL deals in college football. Something of which our coach mouthed off about and right, wrong or indifferent what he said, it's something their entire fan base rallied around, as dumb as it may have been. That's stuff that adds to a rivalry and they'll be carrying with them come November 5th.

I'm not saying they're winning the Big 12 this year, but they're trending up. I'm not so sure for us. I wanted GP gone more than just about anyone but I have no reason to believe we upgraded. I think Sonny will end up being a very lack luster hire and will have us consistently around .500 at best.
Trending up? Their NIL deals attract better 3 star players - big deal.

4-star players have much more lucrative deals elsewhere

HornyFrogs4

Trending up? Their NIL deals attract better 3 star players - big deal.

4-star players have much more lucrative deals elsewhere
So once the 4-star gets this guaranteed $25k from the Matador NIL, they cant sign additional NIL deals on top of that?

To me, this seems like a great way to ensure that the locker room doesn't get jealous of the select few getting lucrative NIL Money while the remainder is delivering Uber Eats to pay their bills, while all showing up and putting in the same hours and the same work.

Also - Texas Tech is a developmental program, not a blue blood, so their football success is 100% dependent on highly sought-after 3-stars and developing under-recruited kids. This might not be an ideal program for schools like UT and TAM but seems to be great for the second-tier schools trying to compete with the big boys.

watchfrog

“…we're ready to sign the contracts with the football team. We plan to move forward with (men's) basketball and baseball in the next weeks, months to come."

The Matador Club will offer each player the same contract, Campbell said, a one-year deal, renewable annually. The biggest star and the walk-on are each signing for $25,000.
….
So they are doing this for football, baseball and men's basketball but nothing for any of the women's sports? I can see the Title IX fans getting upset about this.