• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

Eight

I think this could be another advantage for the Big XII, though we'll need to be shrewd because ESPN and FOX have a lot of power. But if we can get a good membership alignment, there could be a lot of bidders to play off against one another for that content -- AppleTV, Amazon, CBS, NBC. (Notre Dame will, I think, join the Big Ten as late as possible, but will do so rather than renew with NBC in 2025.)

would rather be on raycom than have mike tirico and chris simms involved with a big 12 broadcast

throw in collingsworth and i vote for a video feed with no sound on fubo

Palliative Care

I have a brother-in-law who is a long time ND fan. He says that even if ND joins a league they will still want all their games at home. I bet this is exactly what the B10 will have to do to get them.

Wexahu

I have a brother-in-law who is a long time ND fan. He says that even if ND joins a league they will still want all their games at home. I bet this is exactly what the B10 will have to do to get them.
Does your brother-in-law realize they don't play all their games at home? I think they play about as many home/road games as any other blue blood. What am I missing here?

Palliative Care

I stand corrected. I looked at ND schedule next year and it is a six/six schedule. My BIL is remembering ND as a true independent when they had that kind of schedule. Yep I apologize!

Zubaz

My BIL is remembering ND as a true independent when they had that kind of schedule.
When in the world was this ever true?

Notre Dame's "controversial" deal was that their home games were always broadcast on NBC, as opposed to everyone else that had to compete among themselves for ABC and CBS slots. It was never that Notre Dame was always at home. That would be insane.

Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Arizona, and maybe even Cal are the biggest brand names left in the PAC/Big 12. Kansas too, but only for basketball. You can debate this some, but not really my point. If ESPN becomes the only serious bidder for the remaining PAC and Big 12 schools, I can see them dictating a merger, who is in it, and under what name—maybe the PAC, for branding. ESPN can say it is a bit clunky having two conferences using the name BIG, and they have a point. The PAC as a conference name has historical nostalgic brand significance and it denotes a college football western presence. Heck, this may stand for whomever is doing the bidding.

But, being some eastern schools will or may be a part of this new conference, maybe “Alliance Conference” makes more branding sense.

Last edited:

Palliative Care

Thanks but actually it was embarrassing to be that wrong. I have never like ND so I guess I could easily believe what my brother-in-law said as he is such a big fan. I was suckered by him and he is having a big laugh now.

Hemingway

Welp. That didn’t take long. Good thing we had a horrible bleep season and fired our legendary coach because he got outdated before the tectonic conference shift.

Episode 14 Nbc GIF by One Chicago