• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

He may need to just shut it down for a while and get this thing right. Feel bad for the kid.
The decision has been made to shut him down for the season and they cited a muscle and tendon injury. Hamstring injuries don't typically involve tendons do they? I bet he misses Nations League fixtures this summer. He certainly should.

Purp

I watched the 2nd half last night. Jesus' first goal was exquisite. Beautiful turn at the top of the 18 with a no look shot just inside the post. Just incredible geospacial awareness combined with perfect touch and execution. 2nd goal was strong also, but a 1 v 1 with the keeper so less difficult.

Purp

England the day after Thanksgiving will be fascinating. I may be watching the WC at a TCU football tailgate the Saturday after Thanksgiving and may not watch any American football the day after Thanksgiving.

Purp

I will choose soccer over football 95% of the time.
For me it depends completely on the teams playing and/or the magnitude of the games. Any European game with an American playing or FCD will capture my attention over any random football game. But TCU or Cowboys games will take precedence for me over random soccer games. Seattle vs. Atlanta in MLS will probably get me over Seattle vs. Atlanta in NFL if they both played at the same time.

Any random World Cup match will trump any college football game other than TCU. We play Iowa State that weekend so it'll be a big one for us. Gonna be a great 4 days of sports for sure.

dawg

SIAP, but the WC grid. Finish top, and I'm guessing we see Senegal, then if we advance France (although the last holder to advance was Brazil in 1998, so I'm not sure why I'm predicting Les Bleus to win their group then beat- spitballing- Poland/LLLa Tri). Second place and we're likely facing Netherlands then Argentina if we advance.

FPS4VaqWQAgJnMI

Moose Stuff

I
SIAP, but the WC grid. Finish top, and I'm guessing we see Senegal, then if we advance France (although the last holder to advance was Brazil in 1998, so I'm not sure why I'm predicting Les Bleus to win their group then beat- spitballing- Poland/LLLa Tri). Second place and we're likely facing Netherlands then Argentina if we advance.

FPS4VaqWQAgJnMI
I think I’d rather face the Netherlands. Think we match up well with them.

Purp

Tottenham look awful. And not just because of these lavender alternates.
2 in a row they've laid an egg against very beatable mid-table opponents. Can't believe they got 0 goals from consecutive fixtures against Brighton and Brentford. Meanwhile, ARSEnal jump us for the last Champions League spot.

dawg

Tottenham look awful. And not just because of these lavender alternates.
2 in a row they've laid an egg against very beatable mid-table opponents. Can't believe they got 0 goals from consecutive fixtures against Brighton and Brentford. Meanwhile, ARSEnal jump us for the last Champions League spot.
It’s the year no one wants to finish 4th. Arsenal thump Chelsea and MANUre after playing like a League Two side in losing to Palace, Brighton, and Southampton. Right after Chelsea annihilated Southampton 6-nil. Football bloody hell and all that.

The NLD on May 12 will be more massive than usual this time. A winner probably finishes 4th. Otherwise it’s which of us chokes least. If it comes down to the final day level on points, I’d favor y’all facing an already down Norwich while we’ll have to deal with an Everton side likely needing a win to stay in the league (of note, Everton have the second longest continuous top flight streak; haven’t been down since 1954.)