• The KillerFrogs

Coaches got way too much blame. Where is the blame for the players?

JAB331

If feels like the Cheese Int bowl just broke Patterson, it doesn't feel like I've seen a good team since then. I was hoping that beating Cal this year would allow him to get past that, but...

But yeah, of course it's the coaches fault. The coach needs to inspire the players, and the coach needs to coach them. And if they do that and the player's still don't perform, well the coaches should have recruited different players.

I mean, I could see having one down season because of the wrong players, but taking a program to be a perennial top 10 programs and then spending years just trying to get it back to consistently being above .500..? Wow, to quote Urban Meyer, "something's not right there" and he certainly wasn't talking about the players.

4th. down

TCU is currently undersized, no significant depth and a result unable to be as dominant as is necessary! The next coach will have to fix many of the problems with the portal, to be more ready to go next year!

NEXT YEAR?

I wish, but I see no need to wish anymore. This was a statement game of our football program (Baylor game an outlier).

It will take a minimum of 3-4 years to BEGIN our recovery. That's how far behind we are and that only happens if we hire the right coach. It's too bad the NCAA changed the part where a university cannot remove a scholarship on a coaches orders.....no more 1 year ships but about 80% of this squad needs to leave with the coaching staff. GP loaded this squad with a smaller size players with more speed but obviously the game has changed and we are loaded up with players that cannot match up physically. We simply cannot stop a dominant run game....we are too small and weak. 210 lb. LBs and 215 lb. defensive ends won't cut it obviously. A lot of players are going to quit.........good get them out of here and free up some ships for the new staff to recruit. This repeatedly chest high tackling is almost comical.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
lot of half assing going on. GP was milking checks.
Yep, “mr untouchable” was taking your money and charming the donors at the same time he was lacking in leadership and accountability. Last night and all season we’ve seen how there is little resilience, they (coaches and players) collapse like a house of cards when it gets tough.

Limey Frog

We've been seeing this for 4 years. So that would cover, what 200 - 300 different players? Yea, it's clearly all their fault. Just a bad run of luck in getting bunches of players who aren't any good and don't care. Not anything in the world the coaches can do about that.
Exactly. Baylor's had two headcoaches in four years turn double digit loss teams into double digit win teams the next year. Why? There good coaches in their prime now. Ours...? But, hey, how dare we be so "arrogant" as to run GP off for refusing to acknowledge reality or change anything?

y2kFrog

NEXT YEAR?

I wish, but I see no need to wish anymore. This was a statement game of our football program (Baylor game an outlier).

It will take a minimum of 3-4 years to BEGIN our recovery. That's how far behind we are and that only happens if we hire the right coach. It's too bad the NCAA changed the part where a university cannot remove a scholarship on a coaches orders.....no more 1 year ships but about 80% of this squad needs to leave with the coaching staff. GP loaded this squad with a smaller size players with more speed but obviously the game has changed and we are loaded up with players that cannot match up physically. We simply cannot stop a dominant run game....we are too small and weak. 210 lb. LBs and 215 lb. defensive ends won't cut it obviously. A lot of players are going to quit.........good get them out of here and free up some ships for the new staff to recruit. This repeatedly chest high tackling is almost comical.

Baylor only won 2 games including losing by 39 to that Oklahoma State team we beat last year. A lot can change in one year…

Wexahu

Wasn’t Mathis a pre-season all-american? That’s got to be one of the biggest jokes of all time. He’s not even all Fort Worth
When you are a DE and you get more sacks than most everyone, you’ll get named to the AA and conference teams even if you’re below average in every other phase of the game.

West Coast Johnny

We've been seeing this for 4 years. So that would cover, what 200 - 300 different players? Yea, it's clearly all their fault. Just a bad run of luck in getting bunches of players who aren't any good and don't care. Not anything in the world the coaches can do about that.
No one is saying that its not the coaches fault. The coaches pick the players afterall.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I'm gonna blame coaching. 3rd and 2 in the 1st quarter. We've been able to run. The ball and we empty the backfield for a QB draw. Lose 2 yards. Go for it on 4th and we fart and fall down. Game pivoted on that and it was uphill from there. Very bad play call.
I’m ok with empty backfield there but not so much the QB run. I knew OSU had an outstanding defense but good grief they are fast

FrogUltimate

It’s a complete rebuild. If this was a pro team we would be talking about a 2-3 year rebuild minimum with goal to tank and get draft picks. Little easier in college to turn it around but 2022 needs to be a gut job of players and coaches. I want to see the portal active

Moose Stuff

It’s a complete rebuild. If this was a pro team we would be talking about a 2-3 year rebuild minimum with goal to tank and get draft picks. Little easier in college to turn it around but 2022 needs to be a gut job of players and coaches. I want to see the portal active
I would agree with this except that Baylor has gone from unmitigated disaster to really good team TWICE in the last 5 years with new hires. The bar has been set. New coach has enough support and talent to win by year 2.

Planks

1) The coaches evaluate the players

2) The coaches recruit the players

3) The coaches teach and develop the players

4) The coaches motivate the players

5) The coaches decide which players get to play and which players don’t get to play

6) The coaches game plan, call the plays, and choose the scheme that decide where players are to go and what their assignment is on any given play.

It’s always the coaches fault at the college level. If you aren’t winning at the college level, you can point to a coaching failure at one of the above steps.

Wexahu

1) The coaches evaluate the players

2) The coaches recruit the players

3) The coaches teach and develop the players

4) The coaches motivate the players

5) The coaches decide which players get to play and which players don’t get to play

6) The coaches game plan, call the plays, and choose the scheme that decide where players are to go and what their assignment is on any given play.

It’s always the coaches fault at the college level. If you aren’t winning at the college level, you can point to a coaching failure at one of the above steps.
Agree for the most part, but if guys aren't playing hard or don't really care if the team wins or loses, that's not entirely on the coach. This thought that the players get to decide if they are bought in or not to what the coach is selling or not is BS. They wanted to be paid professionals.....well, they got that. Now act like professionals instead of 10-year kids who pout whenever things aren't going well.

Not talking about anyone on this team in particular, just the overall idea that it's always the coaches fault is a little off base.