• The KillerFrogs

Players starting and player decisions

I hate to be that guy but after Morris’ and Banks’ play today, I’m struggling to understand how these two guys did not earn more playing time through the course of the season.

What do you think was the staff’s reasoning behind this? I’m really curious as to the thought process here if anyone has any insight in to all this…

Once you name a starting QB hard to change that. Even if he played that good during practice hard to show since starter gets all the reps.

Some players suck at practice and when the lights camera action of a game starts they transform into football Gods!

Sometimes they get in Coaches dog house for bad school work, late to meetings, etc.

This is hard to explain why these players weren’t allowed some playing time.

Sebastian S

I hate to be that guy but after Morris’ and Banks’ play today, I’m struggling to understand how these two guys did not earn more playing time through the course of the season.

What do you think was the staff’s reasoning behind this? I’m really curious as to the thought process here if anyone has any insight in to all this…
Maybe Patterson put too much emphasis on seniority and young players waiting for their turn

A little different now when you recruit better players, some may be instantly ready to play and make a difference

Chongo94

Maybe Patterson put too much emphasis on seniority and young players waiting for their turn

A little different now when you recruit better players, some may be instantly ready to play and make a difference
Yeah, I guess it could flow into that didn’t change argument that some make. Once you get some better players that can compete earlier, it’s worth using them or attempting to use them to see if they are truly what they seem.

I can easily see him being reluctant to go against seniority.

Pharm Frog

And don’t underestimate the fact that the coordinators admittedly got to coordinate and make more decisions. Those shallow routes and middle routes were not being run and when they were they weren’t run with aggressiveness. And I expect that its very hard to play loose and free and instinctual when you are having to interpret the intent and expectations of your coach on every dang play. The whole demeanor was vastly different. Still…I hope this high doesn’t cause them to let down next week. Even if we don’t win in Stoolwater, I’d like to see us play as loose and free and passionate as they did today.

Chongo94

And don’t underestimate the fact that the coordinators admittedly got to coordinate and make more decisions. Those shallow routes and middle routes were not being run and when they were they weren’t run with aggressiveness. And I expect that its very hard to play loose and free and instinctual when you are having to interpret the intent and expectations of your coach on every dang play. The whole demeanor was vastly different. Still…I hope this high doesn’t cause them to let down next week. Even if we don’t win in Stoolwater, I’d like to see us play as loose and free and passionate as they did today.
Well that’s very true! How long have some been yelling for those type of plays??…seems like quite a while.

Agreed. I hope the same demeanor follows the team next week win or loss.

Fiscuits

Once you name a starting QB hard to change that. Even if he played that good during practice hard to show since starter gets all the reps.

Some players suck at practice and when the lights camera action of a game starts they transform into football Gods!

Sometimes they get in Coaches dog house for bad school work, late to meetings, etc.

It’s not hard to explain. It was Gary. He got stuck on one player and that was it (not knocking him). What today showed is our cupboard is plenty full and with new eyes and a new voice….we will be just fine. Go Frogs

Hemingway

What? That’s how it use to be. Invest in a qb and ride it out..
I’m also a member of another alumni group that is sec affiliated. It’s more semi-pro and we should adopt that approach. There should be more result driven approaches like the sec.

He should of been starting 2 games ago at the least bro..

Paul in uhh

Same reason we gave Alex Delton several weeks at starter even though everyone knew he was dog crap from the first snap. GP places a heavy preference for seniority, loyalty and knowledge of the game.