• The KillerFrogs

The one man that could lead us to a National Championship in my lifetime is gone

froglash88

Gary got robbed from multiple opportunities to win a National Championship. The worst one being in 2014. Getting left out and ultimately screwed by the inaugural playoff committee’s corruption hurts more now than it did a few days ago. While we have been heading down an extremely bumpy path the last few years and it seemed to start spinning out of control recently, it was Coach P that gave us any hope. With the landscape becoming more and more corrupt, it became clear to me that the GMFP era is the closest we will get to the top of that pyramid. Now we will be replacing coaches every 4 or 5 years and may have some 8, 9, 10 win seasons with a new skipper. But what Gary provided when he was at his best will never be duplicated. At least not during my lifetime. I’m not saying it was or wasn’t time for a change. I’m saying these last 20 years were our chance and we/Gary got royally screwed.

Gary Deserved/Deserves to Reach the Apex of the Pyramid and to Raise the National Championship Trophy!!!

In 2014 we belonged, and could have won it all—it was the perfect storm that didn‘t get the chance to come ashore for the win.

I agree that there will not be another TCU football team capable of a national championship. Focus on basketball, TCU—we always should have.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Gary got robbed from multiple opportunities to win a National Championship. The worst one being in 2014. Getting left out and ultimately screwed by the inaugural playoff committee’s corruption hurts more now than it did a few days ago. While we have been heading down an extremely bumpy path the last few years and it seemed to start spinning out of control recently, it was Coach P that gave us any hope. With the landscape becoming more and more corrupt, it became clear to me that the GMFP era is the closest we will get to the top of that pyramid. Now we will be replacing coaches every 4 or 5 years and may have some 8, 9, 10 win seasons with a new skipper. But what Gary provided when he was at his best will never be duplicated. At least not during my lifetime. I’m not saying it was or wasn’t time for a change. I’m saying these last 20 years were our chance and we/Gary got royally screwed.

Gary Deserved/Deserves to Reach the Apex of the Pyramid and to Raise the National Championship Trophy!!!

tenor.gif

The mythical National Championship has always been a beauty contest. Patterson was a winner, but his teams were blue collar win by one teams.

To win a NC we need a coach that knows how to attract and coach 5 star talent and also promote them on a national level. Kind of like Fran did with LT.

Christcu

tenor.gif

The mythical National Championship has always been a beauty contest. Patterson was a winner, but his teams were blue collar win by one teams.

To win a NC we need a coach that knows how to attract and coach 5 star talent and also promote them on a national level. Kind of like Fran did with LT.

Sebastian S

In his earlier days at TCU, GP constantly talked about the NC being the primary goal. He said it so much people started to believe it, and it nearly happened.
In the last 4 years, GP was not nearly so focused and it showed.
I am sure he was focused but the game already passed him by.

Too little he could do. He should have gradually made adjustments as the game progressed.

Look at Saban, you would think he was Patterson like, defensive mind and arrogant who wouldn't make changes but he did and is able to have prolonged success.

GP is a legend and has given me great joy to see the success TCU has had. When I went there it was just after the No scholarships or whatever the punishment was that Coach Wacker had to deal with. I had hoped GP would be able to leave on his own terms, but alas that is not the case. I hope in time GP can be associated with TCU in some capacity... but I just don't see it right now. I wish GP the best and if he coaches again I'll be rooting for him.

Eight

multiple opportunities?

MAcFroggy

He was never going to win us a national championship. That’s not an indictment on him because the system is flawed.
Baylor was an overtime agaisnt Oklahoma away in the big 12 ccg from being in the CFP. They had a new coach after their best coach of all time left and did even better than they did with Briles. It might take some rebuilding but there is no reason another coach can’t get us back to prominence with a chance at the CFP