• The KillerFrogs

Sounds like Wells is out at Tech….

Eight

Kind of ironic that the final nail in the coffin was by blowing a 24-10 halftime lead against KSU by not scoring in the second half and losing 25-24. And who becomes the interim coach, the OC.

7b13145d-ed5b-421a-a326-8f80f2adc92e_text.gif

Mean Purple

I’d say almost zero chance, but people love him up here.
People will now get to see if Cumbie's system works when a defensive coach gets out of the way and lets him really call what he wants.
While our offense has struggled here, our problem is really just a horrible defense dragging everything down. Max played well until he started pressing a bit, which is understandable because I'm sure nobody on offense has trust in this defense. So they are gonna push it. The turnover to QJ is not shock. Anybody worried about the pending loss sees him a someone to try and force it to.

Spike

His skeletons aint all people chalked it up to be. His firing at LSU is about wins and losses. Period. They have little bro issues. So do we, just they go and do something about it.

I can't help but wonder if the team weren't doing just a little better would they be giving him the boot. That said $17 million is nice!

Mean Purple

I can't help but wonder if the team weren't doing just a little better would they be giving him the boot. That said $17 million is nice.
For sure. They had the agreement and then LSU beat Florida. Those pieces like the very ill researched one in the Athletic looked rushed to be out by Monday, etc. Big red flag that they got used to push a planted story. young reporters get hit by that often. And I am sure the LSU machine knew what reporters to target. Just need enough half truths and they are off and running.

Spike

and not doing that is why our depth just sucks.

In the beginning GP was better at getting the team up for the good competition then would let SMU or Arizona play with us. Remember direction Louisiana after 9/11?

I remember back in the early days was listening to Estridge and Denton. We were actually destroying SMU and guys I had never heard of were getting in. Jeff Ballard led a scoring drive in his first D1 series. The radio guys made the comment that it;'s easier to get these backups to focus in practice when they thought they might actually see the field a few plays. I'm no coach but it sounds logical to me.

Mean Purple

In the beginning GP was better at getting the team up for the good competition then would let SMU or Arizona play with us. Remember direction Louisiana after 9/11?

I remember back in the early days was listening to Estridge and Denton. We were actually destroying SMU and guys I had never heard of were getting in. Jeff Ballard led a scoring drive in his first D1 series. The radio guys made the comment that it;'s easier to get these backups to focus in practice when they thought they might actually see the field a few plays. I'm no coach but it sounds logical to me.
Yep. It is logical. GP has gotten so bad about having his teams play down to the level of opponents. The distractions have gotten to be too much as well.
If he is not off being the president of some association, he's off making a cd ... or worried about people making fun of his cd. Meanwhile, his split field (call two different defenses) scheme has been figured out and they are running all over him. Stubborn little fat man refuses to change.

I'm beyond feeling bummed that this is how it may end for him. Problem is, we have a joke of an AD. Yeah, he was a fund raiser. Great, stick to raising cash. But he has not experience with splash hires.

We are in a bad spot. We have to hope that GP realizes just how bad his own evaluations have been and brings in real staff.

Latest posts