• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Wexahu

can tell you that he has gotten input from a former nfl back who was used and turned out and is very well aware of the lack of guaranteed money in the nfl. zach is a very smart kid and sees the big picture.

also don't forget he grew up in an environment in which you see people get used up in the chemical plants and get old fast. there is a reason why you don't scheiss with the kids from the ship channel.

as far as backs not being the same after getting paid in the nfl. don't agree, the brutality of that league is something i don't think most of us can really understand and far more of those guys gets used up than loss their will .

smith is a unicorn, look at ced bension. he got abused in high school, started showing the wear in college, and was done by the time he got to the nfl.
I would imagine Benson didn’t take care of himself quite like Emmitt did either. Emmitt was a pretty serious minded dude.

Just saying, if I have $20M in the bank, I’m probably gonna be a liiiitle more hesitant to stick my nose in there and fight for an extra yard or two. The young guy who hasn’t cashed in yet is. It doesn’t take much.

Eight

FWIW — the team we played today had agreements in place to ration touches with a couple of high profile RB recruits. And it wasn’t that long ago. Obviously don’t have a similar agreement in place presently

they have one committed to them right now in blue

Eight

Now we have recruiting pitches centered around agreeing to NOT play a player very much. Come play for us, you won’t ever get the ball more than 15 times, we promise!

It is a bizarro world out there. Yuck.

maybe, but when you consider kids are promised which side of the ball they will play, the position etc... really isn't that big a leap in my mind from telling a kid you will let them play running back or receiver because they think they can make the nfl at those positions to we are going to limit your touches

Wexahu

Something is obviously going on but whatever.... When he's in the game he goes full out, no half measures with anything. We do have depth at the position so it's really on the coaches to figure it out with whatever parameters they have to work with. That said, situational awareness is not a strong suit of our offensive staff.
So we have a “handler(s)” who dictates to our coaching staff how much their player is allowed to touch the ball, and the staff is supposed to work around that. I’m naive, obviously.

I guess sports are no longer about competing and winning.

So we have a “handler(s)” who dictates to our coaching staff how much their player is allowed to touch the ball, and the staff is supposed to work around that. I’m naive, obviously.

I guess sports are no longer about competing and winning.
As to the way things used to be, it is no more with NIL and the transfer rules. You and I may not like it but this is where we are and the choice of the schools is to adapt or die. TCU is either going to do the things necessary to compete at the highest level of college football and leverage what they can or deal with what they have to or they won't. There are no rules and even if there are, no one is going to enforce them so it's really time to decide if we're going to compete in this landscape or just cede it to others.

As to Zach, I quite literally have no idea what is going on other than what some have said in this thread but clearly there are times when he wants a breather which is not uncommon throughout the history or college football for RB's. As noted, when he is in the game, he goes at whatever he is doing with full devotion. Whatever the situation, the coaches are paid a lot of money to figure things out and they need to do so. If they view whatever situation exist to be untenable, then they can choose to not play said player at all. Otherwise, figure it out.

geefrogs

I guess what was most disappointing is that on the other sideline you had their running back go all game and absolutely truck us and probably not hurt his draft stock at all. Two kids from the same recruiting class, so you know they are measuring each other.

It's almost like youd want to see the competitive side come out of Zach seeing Bijan's performance and say "hold up, IM the best tailback in the country, give me the ball!"

I understand draft stock but, if hes not going to be used like a starter in the "big games" whats the point? Its the 4th game of the year against a rival, not some silly bowl game when by then, everyone is banged up.

There has to be some "lets see how the game plays out" before you just agree to a set number of carries.

Imagine if he had the same amount of touches as Bijan.

masterfrog

They looked like the best two running backs in the Big 12 before the game and I saw nothing during the game to change my opinion. I would have liked to see Evans get the ball more, but the game situation didn't really allow for it in the second half. We were down two scores for half of the second half. I actually thought Sarkisian relied on Bijan too much, but he got the yards when they needed them.

LVH

I guess what was most disappointing is that on the other sideline you had their running back go all game and absolutely truck us and probably not hurt his draft stock at all. Two kids from the same recruiting class, so you know they are measuring each other.

It's almost like youd want to see the competitive side come out of Zach seeing Bijan's performance and say "hold up, IM the best tailback in the country, give me the ball!"

I understand draft stock but, if hes not going to be used like a starter in the "big games" whats the point? Its the 4th game of the year against a rival, not some silly bowl game when by then, everyone is banged up.

There has to be some "lets see how the game plays out" before you just agree to a set number of carries.

Imagine if he had the same amount of touches as Bijan.

Bijan is being handsomely paid and was before NIL was legal. That's the difference.