• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Pharm Frog

This is what I have heard as well. He has "handlers" aka agent telling him to tap himself out of games to limit his carries so he doesn't get hurt to protect the eventual investment coming his way

This is what you NIL pushers asked for.

I heard that he would limit touches this season by agreement. But I had not heard it was for NIL. Replace the I with F.

Eight

I don't want to blame Zach Evans because when he is in the game he seems like he cares and goes hard. And has gotten good grades. Seems like he has his head on straight. But he is being handled.

matter of self preservation so to speak as if you go back and look at his regular season carries at gpns there were game he might have only 10-12 carries.

what i have been told, some of the people who are advising him are very well aware of the short life on an nfl running back and how teams are only too happy to use you and turn you out

he doesn't turn down hits and if you watched him any throwing blocks today he isn't going half speed out there, but he isn't going to be lt and carry it 300+ times in a season

Wexahu

it’s not at all like point shaving

I wouldn't say not at all. It's a little more complicated, but the idea that everybody out there is doing everything that can to win is sort of what sports is all about. This doesn't really seem like that, it's someone who wants to play just enough to keep his market value intact so to speak.

And like LVH, I'm not really blaming him if that is what is going on. This is the system so many people were begging for.

I don't want to blame Zach Evans because when he is in the game he seems like he cares and goes hard. And has gotten good grades. Seems like he has his head on straight. But he is being handled.
Yep. Evans did his audition and aced it. (Arguably more so than anyone on the roster.) Now to the highest bidder. Why risk anything? Let the chips fall where they may.

Evans has a bright future. (But not at TCU.)

Eight

I wouldn't say not at all. It's a little more complicated, but the idea that everybody out there is doing everything that can to win is sort of what sports is all about. This doesn't really seem like that, it's someone who wants to play just enough to keep his market value intact so to speak.

And like LVH, I'm not really blaming him if that is what is going on. This is the system so many people were begging for.

gary and the staff knew what the terms were so to speak when zach came to campus prior to nil being upheld by the supreme court and as i said prior, watch him block today. no half measures when he is in the game. up to the staff to make the most of the snaps with him on the field and not have him leading max through holes

Wexahu

matter of self preservation so to speak as if you go back and look at his regular season carries at gpns there were game he might have only 10-12 carries.

what i have been told, some of the people who are advising him are very well aware of the short life on an nfl running back and how teams are only too happy to use you and turn you out

he doesn't turn down hits and if you watched him any throwing blocks today he isn't going half speed out there, but he isn't going to be lt and carry it 300+ times in a season

I get it, but I kind of don't. I think the short life of an NFL running back has as much to do with once they sign that massive contract, they no longer have the will to bang into the hole like before. No other way to explain why so many RBs are never quite the same almost immediately after signing that big deal. And if they aren’t still great, it's not worth a team to keep paying them $10M/year, so they get released. And there is no way in hell if I am an NFL GM I am picking a RB in the first couple rounds that hasn't proven he can carry it 20+ times per game consistently and proven that he's at least somewhat dependable and durable.

Emmitt Smith carried the ball over 6,000 times between high school, college and the NFL. And was still going relatively strong in 12th NFL season. I know that was a different era but it wasn't THAT long ago.

GenXFrog

I get it, but I kind of don't. I think the short life of an NFL running back has as much to do with once they sign that massive contract, they no longer have the will to bang into the hole like before. No other way to explain why so many RBs are never quite the same immediately after signing that big deal. And if they are still great, it's not worth a team to keep paying them $10M/year, so they get released. And there is no way in hell if I am an NFL GM I am picking a RB in the first couple rounds that hasn't proven he can carry it 20+ times per game consistently and proven that he's at least somewhat dependable and durable.

Emmitt Smith carried the ball over 6,000 times between high school, college and the NFL. And was still going relatively strong in 12th NFL season. I know that was a different era but it wasn't THAT long ago.

He doesn't really have to show that level of endurance / durability until the season before he declares. Till then, he's doing all he needs to do to firmly establish himself in the conversation.

Eight

I get it, but I kind of don't. I think the short life of an NFL running back has as much to do with once they sign that massive contract, they no longer have the will to bang into the hole like before. No other way to explain why so many RBs are never quite the same immediately after signing that big deal. And if they are still great, it's not worth a team to keep paying them $10M/year, so they get released. And there is no way in hell if I am an NFL GM I am picking a RB in the first couple rounds that hasn't proven he can carry it 20+ times per game consistently and proven that he's at least somewhat dependable and durable.

can tell you that he has gotten input from a former nfl back who was used and turned out and is very well aware of the lack of guaranteed money in the nfl. zach is a very smart kid and sees the big picture.

also don't forget he grew up in an environment in which you see people get used up in the chemical plants and get old fast. there is a reason why you don't scheiss with the kids from the ship channel.

as far as backs not being the same after getting paid in the nfl. don't agree, the brutality of that league is something i don't think most of us can really understand and far more of those guys gets used up than loss their will .

smith is a unicorn, look at ced bension. he got abused in high school, started showing the wear in college, and was done by the time he got to the nfl.

Pharm Frog

can tell you that he has gotten input from a former nfl back who was used and turned out and is very well aware of the lack of guaranteed money in the nfl. zach is a very smart kid and sees the big picture.

also don't forget he grew up in an environment in which you see people get used up in the chemical plants and get old fast. there is a reason why you don't scheiss with the kids from the ship channel.

as far as backs not being the same after getting paid in the nfl. don't agree, the brutality of that league is something i don't think most of us can really understand and far more of those guys gets used up than loss their will .

smith is a unicorn, look at ced bension. he got abused in high school, started showing the wear in college, and was done by the time he got to the nfl.

FWIW — the team we played today had agreements in place to ration touches with a couple of high profile RB recruits. And it wasn’t that long ago. Obviously don’t have a similar agreement in place presently