• The KillerFrogs

Rain for Texas game?

TCUdirtbag

Yes. That was the hurrican Ike game. I wanna say 2008? I was a student and remember standing in the rain all game and then when the original kickoff time rolled around, it was near perfect weather.

I was a recent grad and vaguely remember being soaked to the core and completely blasted. I think it was the drunkest I remember the stadium crowd ever being. Or maybe it was just me. Either way. Fun memory.

Mean Purple

Won't matter, their run game is better. Our offensive line is ok, but our defensive line is just plain bad. In the past two games we have gotten eat up on both run plays and stuff over the top. Bad D line and constant breakdowns in the secondary. Not sure how people think this gets fixed in a week.

Mean Purple

i don’t understand everyone that wants rain - it encourages UT to run the ball which we have no way of stopping. SMU was in a run only situation the final drive of the game and they ripped off 10 yards per carry.
we give up an average of something like 6.7 yards right now. listening to Big 12 This Morning on SXM Big 12 radio and they were rightfully ripping this defense.

Eight

we give up an average of something like 6.7 yards right now. listening to Big 12 This Morning on SXM Big 12 radio and they were rightfully ripping this defense.

the numbers from the last two 60 minute games played:

74 points allowed
1,037 yards given up
3rd down conversion defense of 13/ 24
7.7 ypp
6.4 ypc
16.8 yppc
10.1 yppa

cal ran 54 total offensive plays and had 7 runs and 7 passes that gained 10 yards or more

smu ran 80 total offensive plays and had 16 runs and 8 passes that gained 10 yards or more

smu drew a bigger outrage, but when you look at the tendencies to give up big plays what we saw last week fits with what was seen the week before

doesn't mean that will continue on saturday and i still think there is talent, but there needs to be significant change quickly

Mean Purple

the numbers from the last two 60 minute games played:

74 points allowed
1,037 yards given up
3rd down conversion defense of 13/ 24
7.7 ypp
6.4 ypc
16.8 yppc
10.1 yppa

cal ran 54 total offensive plays and had 7 runs and 7 passes that gained 10 yards or more

smu ran 80 total offensive plays and had 16 runs and 8 passes that gained 10 yards or more

smu drew a bigger outrage, but when you look at the tendencies to give up big plays what we saw last week fits with what was seen the week before

doesn't mean that will continue on saturday and i still think there is talent, but there needs to be significant change quickly
Yeah, after the Cal game I had a bad feeling. Not sure why some thought we would have an easier time against SMU. Dykes can predict what GP does. Most teams can now.

GP could simplify the assignments, would be big for secondary, but how much of this can actually be addressed in a week.
Granted, even some improvement could have brought us a W against SMU. But Texas is a different thing all together. Those kids in Austin are amped up for this game. They found a better qb to start. Now they are just rolling.