• The KillerFrogs

Guess the Frogs Ranking

froglash88

I think the rankings usually come out on Tuesday (with game/s on Labor Day).

We were #28 going into the weekend. The 8 Top 25 teams who lost were ranked:
3, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 20, & 23

10, 16 & 20 lost to unranked teams
VT beat UNC
UCLA beat LSU
Montana beat Washington

I have a feeling we will be #24 this week.

What say you?

LisaLT

VT beat UNC
UCLA beat LSU
Montana beat Washington

What say you?
NR is what I think. Not this week. If we beat Cal 45-3, then we will be ranked, IMO.

SuperTFrog

What kills me about early season rankings is how self fulfilling they are. They should drop OU outside of the top 15 maybe even out of the top 20. At this point, we only have one data point and it sucked for OU. But because they ranked them high to start, they have to keep them high.

Maybe Tulane is a really good team and that win will look better down the road, and if so, then they can value it differently. But right now that win sucks for OU.

IMO, early season rankings should be incredibly fluid.

hiphopfroggy

What kills me about early season rankings is how self fulfilling they are. They should drop OU outside of the top 15 maybe even out of the top 20. At this point, we only have one data point and it sucked for OU. But because they ranked them high to start, they have to keep them high.

Maybe Tulane is a really good team and that win will look better down the road, and if so, then they can value it differently. But right now that win sucks for OU.

IMO, early season rankings should be incredibly fluid.

Agreed but we want OU to be ranked high when we play them and at the end of the season. Although they were ranked #4 the last time we beat them, that loss broke them and they ended up unranked by the end of the season with TCU not getting any credit for a quality win and left out of the invitational.

Frogs1983

VT beat UNC
UCLA beat LSU
Montana beat Washington

What say you?
Condiereing they played a Garry Pattertson typical first game ":

VT beat UNC
UCLA beat LSU
Montana beat Washington

What say you?
Considering they played a typical HCGP first game " body bag" opponent, I would say they should be ranked about where they were before this game. You shouldn't move up for destroying a teams that had no business being on the same field as you. Especially since you agreed to shorten the second half quarters to pee wee football time limits.

Horny4TCU

Condiereing they played a Garry Pattertson typical first game ":

Considering they played a typical HCGP first game " body bag" opponent, I would say they should be ranked about where they were before this game. You shouldn't move up for destroying a teams that had no business being on the same field as you. Especially since you agreed to shorten the second half quarters to pee wee football time limits.
I don't know, but your avatar is number 1...

froglash88

Please GP, no more of these meaningless games. Yes, most of the SEC schedules 2 of them a year, but they have rigged the system for more than 25 years.

That said -
Considering teams move up at times after a bye week (and down), I still think we will be #24.