• The KillerFrogs

NIL Starts Tomorrow - Be Aggressive TCU

JugbandFrog

"LSU has worked on their policy for the last year to protect the school and ensure that they're not at a competitive disadvantage in the recruiting game when compared to what other schools in other states are offering student-athletes."

but i have read on this board that no one knew what the rules were so how could a school have done such a thing and supposedly this was only going to benefit football and basketball players
The way social media works these days, it is about followers. Kids are making $$ doing makeup tutorials, working out, doing silly faces to music. There was a lady Oregon basketball player who blew up on Tik Tok covering her daily schedule at the NCAA bubble. She could have made a decent chunk of change if this rule was in effect just for the views without any actual endorsements.

Eight

The way social media works these days, it is about followers. Kids are making $$ doing makeup tutorials, working out, doing silly faces to music. There was a lady Oregon basketball player who blew up on Tik Tok covering her daily schedule at the NCAA bubble. She could have made a decent chunk of change if this rule was in effect just for the views without any actual endorsements.

agree and i think you misread by poor attempt at a satirical response

said it multiple times now, but i do think that some of the athletes who are going to benefit the most are athletes who some wouldn't think of because they think this is only going to impact football and basketball players which isn't the case

i can think of 4-5 track athletes who either turned pro in high school, turned pro right after high school, or might have stayed beyond their first year in college and all have a big social media presence

Bob Sugar

agree and i think you misread by poor attempt at a satirical response

said it multiple times now, but i do think that some of the athletes who are going to benefit the most are athletes who some wouldn't think of because they think this is only going to impact football and basketball players which isn't the case

i can think of 4-5 track athletes who either turned pro in high school, turned pro right after high school, or might have stayed beyond their first year in college and all have a big social media presence
Yep. It’s ridiculous that people get rich off social media, but the truth of this is that hot college lady athletes are going to benefit more from this than anyone else.

Eight

Yep. It’s ridiculous that people get rich off social media, but the truth of this is that hot college lady athletes are going to benefit more from this than anyone else.

never understood years ago when our son would tweet about his order when we went out to eat why anyone would give a [ Finebaum ] what he thought or was eating (and for the record we didn't allow pumpkin pancakes in our american, god fearing household)

know someone whose daughter worked for an ad firm and the account she was assigned was oscar meyer. her job was attending nascar events tweeting about the car sponsored by oscar meyer as well as oscar meyer products

truthfully that sounds even less appealing than our sons food choices, but somehow the girl did her job well enough she got hired by some firm in nyc.

none of it makes sense to me, but if they can get paid without doing something illegal or immoral so be it

Moose Stuff

That people can actually make really good money off this speaks volumes about the dumbing down of our society and what the average human (and especially teenagers) spends their time doing.

ticketfrog123

Eight

It's been like 12 hours

since yesterday? yes

since the decision in california, the various states passing laws, and the supreme court ruling?

lsu isn't the only school that has been working on this for several months and before anyone insert any sec cheating jokes please remember we are the school that not only cheated, but handed over evidence and had one of the bagmen talk directly to the ncaa

flyfishingfrog

based upon some discussions i have had and listening to a marketing group you might be surprised and look to athletes with large social network followings
Did you ask this marketing expert how valuable an athlete will be on social media when he can’t reference the school or any of the activities in his social media activity if he is also making money from it?

flyfishingfrog

"LSU has worked on their policy for the last year to protect the school and ensure that they're not at a competitive disadvantage in the recruiting game when compared to what other schools in other states are offering student-athletes."

but i have read on this board that no one knew what the rules were so how could a school have done such a thing and supposedly this was only going to benefit football and basketball players
We have people working on it also - but it’s all really fluid and open to interpretation- for example LSU will allow athletes to use their logo but no idea about the La state law. However the NCAA guidelines won’t and the state of Texas law won’t either

so there is already differences that will cause unfair advantages