• The KillerFrogs

NIL Starts Tomorrow - Be Aggressive TCU

LisaLT

I need to find a player or players who like to bake. I could offer some real dough (pun intended) to do a similar promo as the two NFL guys who created that cupcakes ad for their bakery project.

mcdaddy

Who knows where this goes, but I have to believe that TCU sitting in a top media market (#4?) is a recruiting advantage--higher dollar endorsement deals available. But, of course, even the small market $EC schools have the alumni base to increase the value of endorsements by those athletes.

FinanceFrog

giphy.gif

i go back and forth but I think this is the funniest TV show ever. it’s between always sunny, the office and Seinfeld for me but I tbjb always sunny wins.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Who knows where this goes, but I have to believe that TCU sitting in a top media market (#4?) is a recruiting advantage--higher dollar endorsement deals available. But, of course, even the small market $EC schools have the alumni base to increase the value of endorsements by those athletes.

I think the market for a bunch of college kids endorsements is overly exaggerated. Seriously, outside of a few of the very rabid fan bases, who is going to pay for this stuff?

Eight

i go back and forth but I think this is the funniest TV show ever. it’s between always sunny, the office and Seinfeld for me but I tbjb always sunny wins.

they have some episodes i truly can't believe it somehow got through the writers room and are funny for no other reason than you can't believe what they just said or did and danny devito might be the king on the show

the episode where he pimps out dennis, most of the stuff living with charlie, etc...

do think chardee macdennis might be my favorite episode

Last edited:

Eight

I think the market for a bunch of college kids endorsements is overly exaggerated. Seriously, outside of a few of the very rabid fan bases, who is going to pay for this stuff?

based upon some discussions i have had and listening to a marketing group you might be surprised and look to athletes with large social network followings

Wexahu

Which IMO is one of the main reasons why this rule is going to further separate the blue bloods from everyone else.

Eight

I watched it. The QB at the school where I teach was also featured that season (Nik Scalzo).

I think the mistake is with the journalist/writer, if we can call him those terms.

would agree the mistake of singular-plural most likely falls on the person who wrote the article, but stand by my statement that rattle creating a brand, etc... fits with the persona seen on the series

MTfrog5

One thing that will be interesting to watch is if a popular company endorsements on an A&M guy is it worth pissing on the Texas fan base and other people who hate everything A&M?

froghair

Plus they have years of experience under their belts

JugbandFrog

Could
instagram, tik tok, etc could bring in a few bucks. they have content others dont have access to. minor endorsements of energy drinks, etc... could bring in a few bucks by targeting peers.

Eight

https://www.wbrz.com/news/lsu-gymnast-expected-to-earn-more-money-than-any-other-college-athlete/

LSU seems to be on top of this. i dont have a lot of faith in our admin to be this strong/prepared.

"LSU has worked on their policy for the last year to protect the school and ensure that they're not at a competitive disadvantage in the recruiting game when compared to what other schools in other states are offering student-athletes."

but i have read on this board that no one knew what the rules were so how could a school have done such a thing and supposedly this was only going to benefit football and basketball players