• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

michael1999

Franchione quit on December 1st, 2000. The team voted to keep him on as coach for the bowl game in Mobile, scheduled for December 20th. Hyman overturned the vote and told Franchione to take a hike after the "Red Tie" incident at the Heisman Ceremony on December 9th. So, pick your time frame, but it would seem to be almost seamless from the time Dennis was shown the door to Gary's selection as head coach.

This still pisses me off to no end!

East Coast

Tier 1
Franchione quit on December 1st, 2000. The team voted to keep him on as coach for the bowl game in Mobile, scheduled for December 20th. Hyman overturned the vote and told Franchione to take a hike after the "Red Tie" incident at the Heisman Ceremony on December 9th. So, pick your time frame, but it would seem to be almost seamless from the time Dennis was shown the door to Gary's selection as head coach.
I thought Gary was still the interim head coach at the Mobile Bowl, and that Hyman had to be convinced by others to promote him. Yeah, the red tie thing stills bothers me a little.

FrogAbroad

I thought Gary was still the interim head coach at the Mobile Bowl, and that Hyman had to be convinced by others to promote him. Yeah, the red tie thing stills bothers me a little.
My recollection is that Dick Lowe was a major influencer in DCGP's becoming HCGP post Mobile Bowl, somehow helping Hyman see the light.

And, yeah, that red tie stunt was totally out of line and unprofessional outside the WWE.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There was some disarray on the Committee that was to pick the New Head Coach, and the main guy, Koehler, essentially told the gathering, "I think you've got a pretty good guy running things right now. Seems like an easy choice to me." And he got up and ambled out of the room.

They picked GMFP very soon after.

flyfishingfrog

It only took six days.
yeah right - because our AD also found out Schloss was taking the job from the Aggy press conference?

He told TCU before last Wednesday....they didn't call an emergency BoT meeting over the weekend for no reason...

But since we had been preparing for "weeks" evidently - why did it take even that long?

Again - believe whatever - in the end we got the best outcome we were going to get once Schloss left and KS has all the tools to be great, he just needs to channel HC as well as he channels players coach

OmniscienceFrog

yeah right - because our AD also found out Schloss was taking the job from the Aggy press conference?

He told TCU before last Wednesday....they didn't call an emergency BoT meeting over the weekend for no reason...

But since we had been preparing for "weeks" evidently - why did it take even that long?

Again - believe whatever - in the end we got the best outcome we were going to get once Schloss left and KS has all the tools to be great, he just needs to channel HC as well as he channels players coach

Who did you suggest they try to hire?

flyfishingfrog

Who did you suggest they try to hire?
I suggested they worked to keep the guy we had since he is a HoF coach that made our program what it has been....

maybe next time a coach asks to review and extend his contract more than once during the season so he doesn't get to the end of the season with only two years left on it - our AD will listen and we won't get bad decisions being made from emotions....

But after that - I would have put the contract in front of Saarloos the minute Schloss' brake lights disappeared over the horizon. Nobody is better for the helm at TCU after Schloss than KS.

I mean if we had been preparing for weeks or months as has been reported on here - didn't we already know Heefner is not interested in leaving DBU and O'Connor was only leaving if he was forced out? They both told multiple schools that before us....so not sure who we were waiting on...

TCUdirtbag

I suggested they worked to keep the guy we had since he is a HoF coach that made our program what it has been....

maybe next time a coach asks to review and extend his contract more than once during the season so he doesn't get to the end of the season with only two years left on it - our AD will listen and we won't get bad decisions being made from emotions....

But after that - I would have put the contract in front of Saarloos the minute Schloss' brake lights disappeared over the horizon. Nobody is better for the helm at TCU after Schloss than KS.

I mean if we had been preparing for weeks or months as has been reported on here - didn't we already know Heefner is not interested in leaving DBU and O'Connor was only leaving if he was forced out? They both told multiple schools that before us....so not sure who we were waiting on...

Man, shut the scheiss up.

There was a 0% chance Schloss was staying and we got the guy you want anyway.

Can you enjoy one afternoon? Dear god.

RoyaltyWorePurple

When you were working, did you already have replacements waiting for when someone would leave, or did you do interviews? Just checking logic here.

Moose Stuff

You’ve got some awful dope here. Jim was NEVER staying here no matter what. It had nothing to do with TCU and really nothing to with A&M. He needed be somewhere else for reasons we’re all aware of.

flyfishingfrog

When you were working, did you already have replacements waiting for when someone would leave, or did you do interviews? Just checking logic here.
Seriously?

there is not an AD in country that does not have a list ready for every major coaching position under them...and a person on their team that has at least talked to the agents to understand the chances.

Well except Texas evidently....

And yes - EVERY large organization in the world does succession planning - names, backups, temp replacement options, salary changes, success gates, etc. Most large organizations do it constantly actually because getting taken by surprise with no plan when the unexpected happens can damage your organization for a very long time....

Latest posts