• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Paul in uhh

so if you are in your 40s probably a good chance we were at ORWALL at the same time - but I was coaching my sons.

Loved that place when my kids were little - back when youth baseball was about building kids confidence and showing how much fun baseball could be, not about making money and forcing them to play 5 games on a Sunday to win a "ring" 12 months of the year...
I played ORWALL a couple of years also. Would’ve been around 1997. Fun times.

flyfishingfrog

FWIW, this morning I've got 1 text from a current TCU trustee that says "It's not looking good" and Mr. Jeremy Clark commented on this story at TCU247 effectively confirming he is "seeing the same smoke" everybody else is.

Over the weekend, a few conversations led me to believe that Schloss and ADJD relationship broke down over the years and he was highly frustrated with the decisions this season around COVID/crowds... I believe/understand ADJD has been trying to reconnect and convince JS to stay for some time, but there has been minimal engagement. As others have commented, Schloss life blew up over the past decade and at times it was "public" in the TCU societal circles and I think, unfortunately, he has scars from that he just wants to forget. Also, he was one of the coaches most vocally frustrated when CDC left... Told many CDC had promised to stay and provide X for Baseball, felt betrayed when he bailed.

Take it or leave it, it's the narrative I'm hearing.
so he has been trying to convince him to stay but hasn't actually given him a contract extension offer even though his contract runs out in two years....interesting approach

GP's Step-Son

FWIW, this morning I've got 1 text from a current TCU trustee that says "It's not looking good" and Mr. Jeremy Clark commented on this story at TCU247 effectively confirming he is "seeing the same smoke" everybody else is.

Over the weekend, a few conversations led me to believe that Schloss and ADJD relationship broke down over the years and he was highly frustrated with the decisions this season around COVID/crowds... I believe/understand ADJD has been trying to reconnect and convince JS to stay for some time, but there has been minimal engagement. As others have commented, Schloss life blew up over the past decade and at times it was "public" in the TCU societal circles and I think, unfortunately, he has scars from that he just wants to forget. Also, he was one of the coaches most vocally frustrated when CDC left... Told many CDC had promised to stay and provide X for Baseball, felt betrayed when he bailed.

Great.

Pharm Frog

so if you are in your 40s probably a good chance we were at ORWALL at the same time - but I was coaching my sons.

Loved that place when my kids were little - back when youth baseball was about building kids confidence and showing how much fun baseball could be, not about making money and forcing them to play 5 games on a Sunday to win a "ring" 12 months of the year...

I’m not in my 40’s. I once was.

tcumaniac

Speaking of smoke, I continue to see more and more smoke that points to ADJD being an incompetent little [ muschi ].

tcumaniac

Worth noting that Schloss made numerous passive aggressive tweets throughout the season about attendance policies.

If I were a coach of Jim's caliber and had to call some unqualified jokester like Donati my boss, I'd be fed up too.

fff91

If he does take a new job and if he is going to step into the SEC, I would surely try and get LSU before A&M. Their coach is retiring this year and I havent seen if they have announced a successor.

bp4tcu

I'd bail if I was him. After that embarrassingly bad performance this week, I'd make Florida tell me no.

Gainsville > Ft Worth

flyfishingfrog

He's still mad CDC left after CDC told him he wouldn't leave? What can the current administration do about that?
so mad he wanted a contract to keep him here until he retired....not buying that line at all about CDC leaving making him angry beyond the fact that not a single upgrade that was promised by CDC and by ADJD has even been started for fund raising, much less planned or completed.