• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Pharm Frog

I was once on a Little League team sponsored by Betty's Fashion Barn. I would have chosen Chico's Bail Bonds over that.

I was once on a 12-year-old ORWALL team sponsored by Hulings Dentistry. That actually crossed my mind yesterday when Wright’s last pitch happened. That was frightening stuff. And there was that quick camera shot of Wright standing, watching...he looked petrified. Understandable.

flyfishingfrog

Lol

hunter2012

8:03a, 4/20/21

Another reason why I want to hire Schloss is to money back hand the frogs. The fort worth supers showed me how arrogant and haughty that fan-base was(undeserving too). Snatching their coach away would be a proper b*tch slap.
we sent them home 3 years in a row - plus beat them in Shriners if I recall correctly, so pretty much owned them for a solid stretch of baseball - if that is not a reason to be arrogant and uppity, I am not sure what is exactly....

Again Aggy thinks their program has some history that it does not - similar to their perception of themselves in all things sports and education related...

flyfishingfrog

I don’t know Schlossnagle and some of you apparently do. From reading your posts I get the feeling he falls into the Jimbo category, he may be ready to get out of town.
if by out of town - you mean moving to the lake, yes. If you mean leaving Funkytown for Cstat - you should get your feeling meter checked, you may have the Rona...

FWIW, this morning I've got 1 text from a current TCU trustee that says "It's not looking good" and Mr. Jeremy Clark commented on this story at TCU247 effectively confirming he is "seeing the same smoke" everybody else is.

Over the weekend, a few conversations led me to believe that Schloss and ADJD relationship broke down over the years and he was highly frustrated with the decisions this season around COVID/crowds... I believe/understand ADJD has been trying to reconnect and convince JS to stay for some time, but there has been minimal engagement. As others have commented, Schloss life blew up over the past decade and at times it was "public" in the TCU societal circles and I think, unfortunately, he has scars from that he just wants to forget. Also, he was one of the coaches most vocally frustrated when CDC left... Told many CDC had promised to stay and provide X for Baseball, felt betrayed when he bailed.

Take it or leave it, it's the narrative I'm hearing.

flyfishingfrog

I was once on a 12-year-old ORWALL team sponsored by Hulings Dentistry. That actually crossed my mind yesterday when Wright’s last pitch happened. That was frightening stuff. And there was that quick camera shot of Wright standing, watching...he looked petrified. Understandable.
so if you are in your 40s probably a good chance we were at ORWALL at the same time - but I was coaching my sons.

Loved that place when my kids were little - back when youth baseball was about building kids confidence and showing how much fun baseball could be, not about making money and forcing them to play 5 games on a Sunday to win a "ring" 12 months of the year...

PurpleBlood87

And I’m dead serious about the above comment on Jim/Rob. Let’s play a little game where Preston Morrison never walks on at TCU. What has Jim accomplished in the last 15 years that Rob hasn’t in that scenario? And I’m not trying to diminish either of them here. Just pointing out that Rob was a really successful coach for them.

What if the Rangers aren't under the control of the MLB when Purke is drafted. Doubtful he never makes it to campus and gives the program the boost to get it over the Hump to its first CWS.