• The KillerFrogs

How FFF are you?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Got on Don’s site sometime around 96/97 and been here since. Been some great memories over the years being a part of this board. From the Billy Tubbs letter event in Hawaii, to Pat Sullivan’s departure and then Frans departure, that site was THE place to go for intel.
Come on, admit it. You miss being NewFoundLand Frog.

Limp Lizard

Old Rip was a real person, I believe a student at TCU back in the mid-90. He may still be here under another name. Wes, Traditionalist, Whitewolf have all died too young. Don't know what Toad Trailer/Fairly Hibbert and Horned Frog Pride go by nowadays. I believe Wes also was Leonard Smalls and Earl, the guy with the "grinderin'" operation and maybe some other personas beside Tired.

Last edited:

tcudoc

Old Rip was a real person, I believe a student at TCU back in the mid-90. He may still be here under another name. Wes, Traditionalist, Whitewolf have all died too young. Don't know what Toad Trailer/Fairly Hibbert and Horned Frog Pride go by nowadays. I believe Wes also was Leonard Smalls and Earl, the guy with the "grinderin'" operation and maybe some other personas beside Tired.
I had lunch with Wes a couple of times in the final year before he passed. Great guy. He was quite a character and his aliases were some of the best characters on FFF.

OmniscienceFrog

I started in the early days with Tired of Frank, Toad Trailer, Don, Old Rip, Traditionalist, Horned Frog Pride, Whitewolf. We would meet at an internet bar near the convention center (Internet Rodeo?) with guests like Hyman(the evening after the announcement of the MWC) and Billy Tubbs with his staff, including McClain. On line we once had the incredibly dense Commissioner of the WAC (Karl Benson) who could not even understand how to do a chat online,

I think Scott came to Killerfrogs later, even after the formation of Killerfrogs. I was in that first group of owners led by Wes, that formed Killerfrogs the first time, and I don't remember meeting Scott for some years later.

Anyway at that time we had the chat function going and heavily addended; we (especially Wes) would give hell to a certain person who was passionate but....quirky, let's say,... by inventing mythical recruits and get that FFFer all fired up. Toad Trailer changed his name to "Fairly Hibbert" due to one of this unnamed individual's many misspellings which often left us wondering what he had said. Once evening about three or four were chatting with this individual (named above). He would post his usual post with 1-3 spelling errors; we would chat back using those errors, he would post again adding more errors. About 10-15 posts in Wes, Fairly Hibbert and I would basically be typing out gibberish.

Those were good times when you could talk about TCU sports without someone throwing in political comments.
Hey Limp, Toad Trailer/Fairly Hibbert at your service, and missing the Marbel Slap.

nrhfrog

In the mid-90's, right before KillerFrogs got started, there was some sort of newsletter going around. I can't remember it's name, but it was an underground newsletter about TCU athletics....both amusing and informative.
It did not hold back on ripping the knuckleheads running TCU athletics back then. Basically TCU Athletics was run by a good ole boys club...... satisfied with bad outcomes as long as there was a winning season once or twice a decade. They got a guaranteed solid paycheck, nice benefits, and were able to hit the golf course by 1pm.....nice life.
Does anyone remember that underground newsletter and/or who was behind it?

Eight

In the mid-90's, right before KillerFrogs got started, there was some sort of newsletter going around. I can't remember it's name, but it was an underground newsletter about TCU athletics....both amusing and informative.
It did not hold back on ripping the knuckleheads running TCU athletics back then. Basically TCU Athletics was run by a good ole boys club...... satisfied with bad outcomes as long as there was a winning season once or twice a decade. They got a guaranteed solid paycheck, nice benefits, and were able to hit the golf course by 1pm.....nice life.

just find an old copy, change the dates and a few names and it sounds like you have relevant content for today

He was definitely Earl from Mesquite and Leonard Smalls. He loved doing stuff like that. I thought he was Baylor Dan, also. He wasn't, but told me who was.

TCU2002

My activity has fallen off, but I started posting on the FFF as a current TCU student around 1999. I have been TCU2002 the entire time.

I remember when YA was youngalum. I guess he aged out of that handle.

Mention must be made of the legendary pessimist of that era, who posted as Boston Frog. Despite the fact that TCU's athletics history had been so meager since 1960, absolutely nothing would satisfy that guy. I hope the Rose Bowl win finally did.

Boomhauer

My activity has fallen off, but I started posting on the FFF as a current TCU student around 1999. I have been TCU2002 the entire time.

Mention must be made of the legendary pessimist of that era, who posted as Boston Frog. Despite the fact that TCU's athletics history had been so meager since 1960, absolutely nothing would satisfy that guy. I hope the Rose Bowl win finally did.

I asked about him in another thread couple days ago. Dude was indeed the legendary pessimist of this board. Was funny at times then other times slightly concerning as we asked him to step back from the ledge. Anytime we’d lose a big game we’d all start asking for a wellness check on BF. Those were the days for sure.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I believe PB87 mentioned it a few days ago ... The Border Collie?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Boston Frog?

I'll go check the ledge...

tcudoc

Boston still posts on the other site.

Limp Lizard

Boston frog was pessimistic and seemingly having clinical depression (thus all the ledge comments), but I do not remember him being so vicious about the TCU leadership as some of our younger members have been the last few years. The job of personal vendettas fell to Traditionalist (RIP), back then.

I think that many people never realized where Wes got the name "Leonard Smalls." At least for a while I think many believed he was real.

Border Collie was a hoot, mainly as a vehicle for criticism of Sullivan. One of my favorites has him wondering why we TCUers did not worship him for his Heisman instead of "that Danny O'Brain feller." (It was Danny-somebody with a similar torturing of the name "O'Brien"). I don't think a new coach has ever made as bad a first impression as Sullivan during his meet-and-greet at Ridglea.

Good to see you are still here, OmFrog.