• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: TCU’s mask mandate to remain in place

4 Oaks Frog

Must expresss appreciation. Anytime I am uncertain about political issues, scientific facts, medical strategy, I can tune in here to my favorite forum and learn what to do. We're fortunate to have so many medical and scientific experts participating here. Again, thank you!
Isn’t it a marvel to have such a gathering of beautiful minds? And, the rhetoric is so calm, comforting and informative. Wonder how Frog Football is going do this next season?...Discuss.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

Pharm Frog

Irony for the guy who works for a pharmaceutical company that pushes drugs for a living.

Not ironic at all. I firmly believe that our country is grossly over-medicated with both legal and illegal drugs. Hard to blame the pharma industry for supplying what the public demands though. And since I work for a company that’s stated mission is to reverse the chronic disease epidemic by 2030 and “push” vaccines to try and keep people from getting seriously ill, I’m pretty cool with where I sit on this issue.

Eight

Must expresss appreciation. Anytime I am uncertain about political issues, scientific facts, medical strategy, I can tune in here to my favorite forum and learn what to do. We're fortunate to have so many medical and scientific experts participating here. Again, thank you!

yes, flyfishing and doc do a great job with the medical perspective and pharm is actually close to the science side

YA

Not ironic at all. I firmly believe that our country is grossly over-medicated with both legal and illegal drugs. Hard to blame the pharma industry for supplying what the public demands though. And since I work for a company that’s stated mission is to reverse the chronic disease epidemic by 2030 and “push” vaccines to try and keep people from getting seriously ill, I’m pretty cool with where I sit on this issue.
We do grossly over medicate for sure. But hell yeah the companies are to blame as they push the drugs in commercials and in doctors offices 24/7. People wouldn’t want the drugs if they were not produced and marketed catering to people’s fears that are explored by cleaver marketing by big pharm to increase insane profits.

Eight

I have no problem with this. Everyone should have access to the vaccination by May. Then lift the mandate. TCU will have done their part keeping everyone on campus safe. By May if someone choses not to get the vaccine and they get the virus, then it is on them.

this is the mindset my wife and i have on this issue.

if they want to wait until everyone has access to the vaccine, no problem with that and that line of thinking makes sense

what i haven't heard or read from those that oppose the governor's decision is we should wait for the vaccine.

Eight

We do grossly over medicate for sure. But hell yeah the companies are to blame as they push the drugs in commercials and in doctors offices 24/7. People wouldn’t want the drugs if they were not produced and marketed.

so you are saying we have an abundance of individuals suffering from self inflicted health conditions such as type 2 because commercials and their doctors getting spiffed from the drug companies is a bigger impact than what they continue to eat and drink or choose not to exercise?

HFrog1999

Don’t be fooled by this and instead start focusing on what fear-catalyst will be hoisted and promoted next.

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

We do grossly over medicate for sure. But hell yeah the companies are to blame as they push the drugs in commercials and in doctors offices 24/7. People wouldn’t want the drugs if they were not produced and marketed catering to people’s fears that are explored by cleaver marketing by big pharm to increase insane profits.

You must be pissed beyond belief at China. And you and I agree that DTC advertising of Rx meds is not a good idea on the whole. In fact it makes my job harder depending on the therapeutic area.

Froggy Style

Maniac is on the Faculty?

Is he teaching the pastry part of Gourmet Cooking?
He must be. Only a weirdo would spend so much time worried about what students do on campus after you have graduated.

Of course, Mr weirdo is was cemented after years of winning the drama award with penis cookies, +4 panic storms, anger at people who request you wear a mask rather than spread a virus because you think it's your right to spread disease at your leisure, or frantically trying to pressure our admin to stop people from wearing masks and get into crowded indoor spaces when we're two months from having herd immunity from a vaccine.

YA

so you are saying we have an abundance of individuals suffering from self inflicted health conditions such as type 2 because commercials and their doctors getting spiffed from the drug companies is a bigger impact than what they continue to eat and drink or choose not to exercise?
No what we have are people self diagnosing themselves and going to the doctor to obtain the RX for conditions that they think they suffer from when they do not. If you don’t think that is an issue then you are not really talking to your wife about her work.

No what we have are people self diagnosing themselves and going to the doctor to obtain the RX for conditions that they think they suffer from when they do not. If you don’t think that is an issue then you are not really talking to your wife about her work.
Speaking from experience (seeing ppl that work with me), the amt of Docs in a Box in places like LA, NYC, Miami et al. is jaw dropping. You need 4mg Xanax daily? Done. Valium? Done. Just pay $750 out of pocket for a 10 min visit. Just go in with the "symptoms" and get the Rx.

Rinse, wash and repeat every mth.

Wexahu

He must be. Only a weirdo would spend so much time worried about what students do on campus after you have graduated.

Of course, Mr weirdo is was cemented after years of winning the drama award with penis cookies, +4 panic storms, anger at people who request you wear a mask rather than spread a virus because you think it's your right to spread disease at your leisure, or frantically trying to pressure our admin to stop people from wearing masks and get into crowded indoor spaces when we're two months from having herd immunity from a vaccine.

Given your last sentence, why is our President saying he thinks we can get everything back to normal “by this time next year”.

Froggy Style

Given your last sentence, why is our President saying he thinks we can get everything back to normal “by this time next year”.
Can't speak for him, but maybe likes to under-promise and overdeliver as opposed to the other option of telling people not to worry and mislead with hyperbole by promising the virus will "miraculously disappear" when all experts had told him it was deadly and was spreading through the air. No need to worry or wear a mask. I suspect 500,000 dead people wuold have preferred he be more conservative with his words.

jake102

Speaking from experience (seeing ppl that work with me), the amt of Docs in a Box in places like LA, NYC, Miami et al. is jaw dropping. You need 4mg Xanax daily? Done. Valium? Done. Just pay $750 out of pocket for a 10 min visit. Just go in with the "symptoms" and get the Rx.

Rinse, wash and repeat every mth.

I had two surgeries in 2020, the first being 13 stitches to close my foot up after I sliced it wide open from top to bottom. They finished stitching me up and sent me out. I look at the pain med prescription and it’s 20 pills of freaking Tylenol 300 or some [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Might as well just tell me to take a couple extra regular Tylenol that I already have. I figured I was good for at least two rounds of hydrocodone after limping in there with one foot split in half

Eight

so the doctor has to write that script the patient ask for even if it isn't needed? as far as the self diagnosis why stop at pharma commercials when web md is out there among other web sites helping out with their diagnosis.

my wife talks about a number of things she deals with at work such as people our age on MULTIPLE scripts and the lack of self denial is very much an issue. for example the patients who are coming in for gastric sleeves who are back in a few weeks with leaky guts because as soon as they got out of the hospital they went right back to eating and living the same way before the "magic" procedure

another issue is the the failure to teach proper eating habits or self discipline to our children. my wife and i also talked about her work when she left the hospital for a bit to be a nurse at a high school in the school district our kids attended so her work schedule matched their school schedule.

i don't recall her talking to me about many kids in the situation you described but they had a good sized group of diabetic kids who refused to properly regulate their diets for a disease they are going to have the remainder of their life and has taken more people lives that i personally know than the covid.

doctors are an issue, pharma is an issue, and the medical system in america is at fault. thing is the average person does have a say and it starts with proper diet, basic exercise, and learning moderation but i guess the american way is blaming others first

Last edited: