• The KillerFrogs

Chandler Morris transfers to TCU

Salfrog

Tier 1
what if we hire Kenny hill as QB coach who has already been on staff multiple years and not made an impact with QBs?

As I have stated before in another thread, the thought of KH being the QB coach makes me want to throw up a little bit, but GP is who he is and will stay with who he is comfortable with over who is better qualified. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that he will be the QB coach, so we will have to deal with it unfortunately.

I would be ecstatic and be happy to eat my words if it turns out KH turns out to be a great QB coach. I just don't think this is the time to giving someone on the job training at such a crucial position of need. JMHO

Salfrog

Tier 1
My opinion of K.H. couldn't be any lower. My judgement is that he would be a bad choice at best. He has been performing as a quasi-QB coach as it is, and everyone is complaining about the results. Why continue with what is not working?

Clean slate.

This is exactly where I am at with this more than likely hire.

Moose Stuff

My opinion of K.H. couldn't be any lower. My judgement is that he would be a bad choice at best. He has been performing as a quasi-QB coach as it is, and everyone is complaining about the results. Why continue with what is not working?

Clean slate.

Seems extremely harsh. Couldn't be any lower? Based on what? I think it's pretty likely that any actual QB "coaching" that was going on came from Sonny and Kenny was more the mental side of things based on what his role was during games. I'd have a hard time saying he wasn't any good at that. I have no idea what kind of coach Kenny will be but I have no reason to assume he won't be any good.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Seems extremely harsh. Couldn't be any lower? Based on what? I think it's pretty likely that any actual QB "coaching" that was going on came from Sonny and Kenny was more the mental side of things based on what his role was during games. I'd have a hard time saying he wasn't any good at that. I have no idea what kind of coach Kenny will be but I have no reason to assume he won't be any good.
Because most people on here think they know better about everything than the people paid to run the program

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
First impressions are tough to live down. He lost me at the "religious gesture" and I haven't been back.

While I agree that the person wearing the QB Coach Hat was Sonny, I was given to understand that KH was responsible for some of the duties as well. Whether that was the "mental" aspect of the position, or the physical, I do not know. But, as he was responsible for some of the positional duties of development, and development did not occur, I tend to consider this failure. I would in any case decide this, not merely because he had two strikes against him in my book to begin with.

I never would have hired him in the first place.

Moose Stuff

First impressions are tough to live down. He lost me at the "religious gesture" and I haven't been back.

While I agree that the person wearing the QB Coach Hat was Sonny, I was given to understand that KH was responsible for some of the duties as well. Whether that was the "mental" aspect of the position, or the physical, I do not know. But, as he was responsible for some of the positional duties of development, and development did not occur, I tend to consider this failure. I would in any case decide this, not merely because he had two strikes against him in my book to begin with.

I never would have hired him in the first place.

You're entitled to your opinion. I mean it's kinda weird, but still....

Last edited:

Froggish

Everyone of the debates about coaching always comes down to 1/2 the posters thinking every coach is an incompetent buddy of GPs and the other 1/2 thinking GPs is a hiring savant that has the absolute best staff money can buy...Neither or true but I enjoy the rhetoric

ticketfrog123

Everyone of the debates about coaching always comes down to 1/2 the posters thinking every coach is an incompetent buddy of GPs and the other 1/2 thinking GPs is a hiring savant that has the absolute best staff money can buy...Neither or true but I enjoy the rhetoric

Who actually believes the latter? Coaching staff is questionable at best as cracks started to show once bumpas left.

Eight

Who actually believes the latter? Coaching staff is questionable at best as cracks started to show once bumpas left.

original.gif

Moose Stuff

I'm neither of those. Kenny seems like a real solid dude, the players will like him, and he should recruit well. I have NO IDEA if he will be a good coach. I'm OK with him getting the job assuming he does.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You're entitled to your opinion. I mean it's kinda weird, but still....
How so? Not to pick at a 4-year-old scab, but the guy was a head-case coming in here, stunk up the joint in his first outing and laughed about it, singlehandedly blows the second game with a monumentally stupid decision, and it went downhill from there. For someone with that track record to be looking out for the "mental" side of the position is simply asinine...

Granted, I have never met the man. I only have the admittedly limited information set to base this judgement upon. Yet, there it is.

ticketfrog123

Are you Dick Bumpas or something? We've had two 11 win seasons since he left, and our problem has been more offense than defense....

One of which was the year after he left so he obviously coached most of the 2015 players in some capacity.

we’ve also had years where it looks like certain position groups can’t tackle and the DL outside of Blacklock wasn’t effective the past few years (excluding the DEs this year)

Paint It Purple

Just guessing here but, if TCU hired someone with KH’s current resume I wouldn’t be surprised to see the move highly questioned and panned.

ticketfrog123

Just guessing here but, if TCU hired someone with KH’s current resume I wouldn’t be surprised to see the move highly questioned and panned.

really good recruiting pitch for QBs. If you go undrafted and then work for the team for 1 year as a grad assistant + 1 year as an offensive analyst, then we’ll give you $250k to $300k to be a QB coach.

Moose Stuff

How so? Not to pick at a 4-year-old scab, but the guy was a head-case coming in here, stunk up the joint in his first outing and laughed about it, singlehandedly blows the second game with a monumentally stupid decision, and it went downhill from there. For someone with that track record to be looking out for the "mental" side of the position is simply asinine...

Granted, I have never met the man. I only have the admittedly limited information set to base this judgement upon. Yet, there it is.

Deciding a guy won't be a good QB coach based on a hand gesture he made during a game is weird. It also didn't singlehandedly blow the game for us. I think the laughing thing was way overblown too. You don't like the guy, that's fine.