• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Thread

Wexahu

I really hope this rule gets policed. I just can't help but think you're gonna have schools working behind the scenes on kids that are still at other schools. Let's just say for example that the best running back in the country is at UTSA and UT decides they need an RB.....

My concern is that it's not just a one-year rule. That's the direction everything seems to heading in.

Wexahu

Need Storment to come back and if he did would have a good chance of making All Big 12 and increase his NFL draft stock considerably.......hope Anderson is counseling him on that which I'm sure he is.

Didn't know this but he's already 23 years old and he'd be a 6th year senior next year. I think he can improve his draft stock but there's an opposite force at play too.

Eight

I really hope this rule gets policed. I just can't help but think you're gonna have schools working behind the scenes on kids that are still at other schools. Let's just say for example that the best running back in the country is at UTSA and UT decides they need an RB.....

not sure how they will do that with all the different ways to contact someone. one big reason i suspect the frogs won't have the 5 current running backs on their roster next year

4th. down

Didn't know this but he's already 23 years old and he'd be a 6th year senior next year. I think he can improve his draft stock but there's an opposite force at play too.

True, but he can be El Patron of the offensive line. He's already a badass and another year would give him some major bucks for a kid.......probably make 2nd. round with signing bonus of about $1.5 mil and 4 year contract at about $5mil. Pretty good pay scale for him. I would think it worth the risk unless he has already been offered a corp. job that's attractive to him. 6'7" @ 325 lbs. with an attitude, some team will go after him, IF he makes all Big 12.

Wexahu

True, but he can be El Patron of the offensive line. He's already a badass and another year would give him some major bucks for a kid.......probably make 2nd. round with signing bonus of about $1.5 mil and 4 year contract at about $5mil. Pretty good pay scale for him. I would think it worth the risk unless he has already been offered a corp. job that's attractive to him. 6'7" @ 325 lbs. with an attitude, some team will go after him, IF he makes all Big 12.

2nd round? I’m not sure about that. Highly optimistic IMO.

flyfishingfrog

Also couple with the fact that the NFL salary cap is not expected to increase that much next year - which will mean lots of teams will need rookie salaries to offset the contracts they gave to the veterans assuming it would increase as normal

denverfrog

There have been a whole bunch of All Americans that didn’t even get drafted.
Every consensus all American offensive lineman in 2019 and 2018 was drafted and is playing in the NFL, didn’t go back beyond 2018, but, an draft eligible all american O lineman is almost always drafted high.

Moose Stuff

Ugh. People think non-blue bloods don't have a chance now, wait until this. Pay players + no transfer sit out rule = no scheissing chance for teams like TCU.

I'm not sure it's gonna have THAT kind of impact. I do think it's got a chance to be a giant mess though.

4th. down

There have been a whole bunch of All Americans that didn’t even get drafted.

Help me please......someone that I would recognize recently from the Big 12 that was All American that was not drafted.

So it's obvious you don't think he should stay at TCU another year and try and build up his resume and forget the draft because right now, he ain't an All American........might be better off in the corporate world, yea/nay?

Eight

True but it helps build the resume as with anything else in the job mkt.

the best resume he could build for consideration in the draft would be good tape against quality opponents, eyeball test doesn't hurt, as well as combine invite and solid performance

take wallow for example, do you really think being all big 12 is more important than say if he was really adept at covering backs out of the backfield?

Wexahu

Help me please......someone that I would recognize recently from the Big 12 that was All American that was not drafted.

So it's obvious you don't think he should stay at TCU another year and try and build up his resume and forget the draft because right now, he ain't an All American........might be better off in the corporate world, yea/nay?

There were two senior Big 12 1st team OLineman last year who didn’t get drafted. Shackleford from Texas and Good-Jones from Iowa State. Don’t know if you recognize them or not but that wasn’t long ago.

Edit: Oh, you meant All-American. Do you mean 1st teamers or just any all-American? 1st teamer might be tough, but you never suggested Storment would come back and be a 1st team AA.