• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Lamar

Skip Jansen

Jamie his entire career has rarely pressed. Idk if its good or bad . We have good athletes though. Hes gotten less controlling over his offenses as the years have gone by though. For awhile at pitt his lack of defense was his ultimate downfall. Though 11 tourneys is hardly a downfall

I know I talk about this ad nauseum but, you can win with either style. It's more about matching your players with the style of play.

At Pitt, Jamie played slower because that's what fit with guys like Robinson, Blair, Young, etc.

Dogfrog

Gotta have a little better depth to do the press right IMO. I think KS is athletic enough to do very well in that mode but not sure what you do when he’s in foul trouble.

Skip Jansen

Gotta have a little better depth to do the press right IMO. I think KS is athletic enough to do very well in that mode but not sure what you do when he’s in foul trouble.

I don't care whether we press or not. What I would like to see is, the Frogs getting in transition more when the opportunity presents itself.

The Frogs are Top 10 in the country in both Steals and Extra Scoring Chances, yet they rank 170th in Possessions.

I'll post some advanced stats that detail it more.

Skip Jansen

I know I talk about this ad nauseum but, you can win with either style. It's more about matching your players with the style of play.

At Pitt, Jamie played slower because that's what fit with guys like Robinson, Blair, Young, etc.

One additional thing-

This is still a young program with Jamie. The coaching staff has had some turnover other than Ryan. It takes awhile to get the synergy you need.

Francis Xav

Yes. But then I believe he got away from that and went with players who could score but didnt play well enough defense.

Here, he has athletes he never had.

Moose Stuff

Good way. We both agreed that Big 12 is down and if we can improve our defense over previous years we can win. Our offense is nowhere near its potential.
Admittedly have seen little of the Big 12 beyond Tech and Kansas. I feel like if we win it’s gonna say more about the league than it does us.

Skip Jansen

Good way. We both agreed that Big 12 is down and if we can improve our defense over previous years we can win. Our offense is nowhere near its potential.

There is a scout who post on here all the time that says the exact same thing. Some don't want to believe him either. LOL!