• The KillerFrogs

Are we going to a bowl game?

Frogs1983

Nextt week will tell. Beat Tech, have a chance for another Cheese Bowl, or similar Mid-Tier Bowl Game.. Lose to Tech, no! Not going to beat OU, especially at OU! 5-7(Really 6-6 also) do not deserve a Bowl Game. Period!

JAB331

I'm saying "no" but hey, my wife is an SMU grad so we'll be watching a bowl game either way. Man, if only we had OC like Sonny...

Moose Stuff

IMO 8-4 should be the bowl game minimum. This team doesn't deserve a bowl game. Not making a bowl gives reasons for drastic changes.

I’ve never understood this line of this thinking at all. The main reason this board exists and the reason for most of us posting on it is TCU football. How in the hell is another TCU football game a bad thing exactky?

WIN

I’ve never understood this line of this thinking at all. The main reason this board exists and the reason for most of us posting on it is TCU football. How in the hell is another TCU football game a bad thing exactky?

My thinking is all teams should be given the extra days of practice whether they are bowling or not. Have no problem with 6 win threshold.

Surfrog

• Financially:
    • Most programs lose money on bowl games. This is especially true of bottom tier bowls.
    • Most athletic departments are in the red and rely on football to make up this difference, this is hard to do when the program has to spend a load on the bowl game between travel (flight, a weeks worth of hotel rooms for coaches, players, support staff etc, facility rental for practice, meals, and security), compensation (coaches bonuses, player per diem, support staff overtime pay)
  • Record wise
    • 6-6 is not a great year. The 6 win benchmark came from when teams had 8-10 games a season. You had to win most of your games to get in and there were only 10 bowl games. Therefore to make a bowl, you had to be competitive. Now, there are over 40 bowls for 120ish FBS teams, meaning 80 teams get to go to a bowl game.
    • It gives the idea that 6-6 is a "good year" when in reality it's pretty [ Finebaum ]ty. When you don't make a bowl game, it's easier to fire people and make changes as that is the prime season to make coaching moves with the coaching carousel
  • Team-wise
    • Not making a bowl leaves a bad taste in the players mouths. Look at the 04 season (no bowl) vs 05 and 06 and 13 vs 14 and 15.
    • Extra time off helps with reducing burn-out. Players are able to turn the page on the next year when they get back to campus after a few weeks off. In a bowl season, it's one week off before workouts start again on the first day of class.

JugbandFrog

After I read news of the TE Calcutta being out, I have ZERO doubt in my mind that WE ARE BEATING OU!

Sadly, the young team can’t refocus, and they lose to WVU, but it gets us bowling.