• The KillerFrogs

Now Hiring

Strat Frog

Next year is our year. Just wait. Max will be older. Cumbie will be gone. Defense will have backs against the wall and come out like crazed dogs. This year isn’t over either: we’ll make a bowl and keep climbing. Eyes up, y’all.

tetonfrog

You hit the nail on the head with that one. GP even said in an interview earlier this year that he focuses playing defense that way. (Interview with the Full Ride show in ESPNU SXM). Said that in this league, you can't just sit in base. I get that. Problem is, you can't just go balls to walls as well. If you have young players at key spots, you have to call with that in mind. Last week, he didn't. Commented post show that he didn't. And it made a heck of a difference.

It is a complicated defense, even for seniors.

GP has to blitz more this year because our front 4, especially the DEs, can't get pressure. It can boom or bust.

wilson912

They have a veteran QB and receivers and we have a true freshman and predominantly young receiving group. That makes a huge difference . Have you forgotten how we looked when Boykin was a junior and senior? If we show some patience; then, the results will speak for themselves in a couple years. Right now, we are dealing with growing pains as you would expect with young players.

You are correct. Our defense was not helped by the turnovers but they also did not get the job done when it comes to stopping their RB and also effectively pressuring their QB. It is inexplicable that we have no ST coordinator. That is Gary’s fault. Again, if he doesn’t like Sonny, he should fire him. I just fear will end up with Mike Schultz II. We have to stick with Duggan and let him develop. May need to give Collins some PT though from time to time. This is a 6-6 team.

wilson912

Wonder how Gary would take being screamed at for giving up a 92yd td rush to Hubbard.

301 darnin’ yds rushing. Wow

Yup, amazing how folks talk with reverence about our defense. I think opposing coaches do it so to stroke the ego enough that he’ll keep running it. Sorry, that defensive performance is not acceptable. Hopefully Sonny said, “go get a stop!”

LVH

Kansas State is not doing too bad either, and ask yourself, does KSt. have better talent thn TCU?

At the positions that matter - yes

I think they are better at QB simply because their QB is more experienced. They have better offensive lineman and defensive lineman.

I say it all the time in the recruiting threads, you can pile up all the skill position players you want but it doesnt matter if you dont have big guys in the trenches

The TCU Football Jerk

You hit the nail on the head with that one. GP even said in an interview earlier this year that he focuses playing defense that way. (Interview with the Full Ride show in ESPNU SXM). Said that in this league, you can't just sit in base. I get that. Problem is, you can't just go balls to walls as well. If you have young players at key spots, you have to call with that in mind. Last week, he didn't. Commented post show that he didn't. And it made a heck of a difference.

It is a complicated defense, even for seniors.

After getting torched week after week after week with both huge rushes and passing plays I think I might re-evaluate that strategy. Not brickhead Patterson though.

wilson912

At the positions that matter - yes

I think they are better at QB simply because their QB is more experienced. They have better offensive lineman and defensive lineman.

I say it all the time in the recruiting threads, you can pile up all the skill position players you want but it doesnt matter if you dont have big guys in the trenches

We gamble at times and, if we don’t get to the QB, we’re dead.

LVH

After getting torched week after week after week with both huge rushes and passing plays I think I might re-evaluate that strategy. Not brickhead Patterson though.

You sound upset. Most Big 12 teams would gladly trade their defense for ours. Most teams in the country would gladly trade their defense for ours.

Would you rather have SMU's defense that is about to give up 60 points on national TV?

Not everything exists in a vacuum.

No one is going to take you seriously around here when you call our most winningest coach in history a brickhead just because Oklahoma State connected on a few big plays today.