• The KillerFrogs

Amidst all this angst against Cumbie, what got Meacham demoted/ousted?

4th. down

Internal differences and ultimately Doug drew the short straw. Good guy—just didn’t jive well with CGP.

Believe this to be the case. I remember in the Tech 82-27 game, he read Meach the riot act on the sideline for running the score up. Meach had the attitude of crushing you if he could and would not take his foot off the gas. Believe there was a personality conflict and Sonny was more the docile type.

wilson912

Believe this to be the case. I remember in the Tech 82-27 game, he read Meach the riot act on the sideline for running the score up. Meach had the attitude of crushing you if he could and would not take his foot off the gas. Believe there was a personality conflict and Sonny was more the docile type.
That game just spiraled out of control, not all Doug’s fault

MTfrog5

Hard to blame meach when our 4th RB had 100 yards rushing in the 4th quarter alone

Mean Purple

GP being stubborn.
Some mention the Tech game.Well, it would be worse to have your team take a knee on the 5 for a quarter.
Meach knew that you cant do the crap we are doing now in the red zone.
Sonny will never let go of the Leach air raid. And that scheme will not get us to a nat champ game.
We should have brought Meach back.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

If the flip side is docile and never scoring TDs, then maybe we’ll welcome Meach back pretty soon

wilson912

Should not have let him go-definitely a bad move, but he did tend to be way more weighted toward passing. It probably ticked off GP that we didn’t run more to at least keep the clock rolling. Sonny does seem to run it more so that is pleasing to Gary and makes sense. Better OL play going forward will help. Plenty of material on tape for Gary to use for the next two weeks.

wilson912

Should not have let him go-definitely a bad move, but he did tend to be way more weighted toward passing. It probably ticked off GP that we didn’t run more to at least keep the clock rolling. Sonny does seem to run it more so that is pleasing to Gary and makes sense. Better OL play going forward will help. Plenty of material on tape for Gary to use for the next two weeks.
Meacham is currently in XFL but hopefully back in CFB next year.

Mean Purple

At least he schemes more north south. Maybe he can leave that xfl gig and come next week.

Moose Stuff

And we all know that wanting to crush the opponent has no place in a non physical sport like football.