• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: Only the most fearless will take this Big 12 forecast to Vegas

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: Only the most fearless will take this Big 12 forecast to Vegas

Writer John Henry gives his boldest of the bold #Big 12 predictions: Iowa State rises, Baylor a bear, OU a Heisman factory and more.

And what will the Frogs do in 2019?

Alex Delton, the graduate transfer from Kansas State . . . is everything a college football quarterback needs to be. He’s mature with plenty of college football experience. He’s a good leader and smart, who knows the value of possessions and a good decision maker who treats the football as Cowboys running back Alfred Morris does the first dollar he ever made.

In other words, he’s perfect for a Patterson-coached team.

And despite never really throwing the ball deep downfield in Kansas State’s ground-based offense, he has displayed an ability to do it.

Read all of John's predictions at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/only-the-most-fearless-will-take-this-big-12-forecast-to-vegas/

Billy Clyde

This kid can write, but Nostradamus he ain't. Predicts TCU going 7-5 and losing to the baylors as well as PerDew, and puts a$m in CFP. Hmmmmm.

Billy Clyde

Local media disrespect is palpable.

I've never seen that from Gil's crew before, and I don't really get that feel from this article, just that he's way off on his guess. I don't see any way that we aren't solid favorites against both BU and Purdue, at least based on what we know so far.

Wexahu

I've never seen that from Gil's crew before, and I don't really get that feel from this article, just that he's way off on his guess. I don't see any way that we aren't solid favorites against both BU and Purdue, at least based on what we know so far.

It's meaningless.

Writers and almost everyone else way underrated us in 2014 and 2017, and in 2016 and 2018 we ended up being way overrated in preseason. So nobody is "way off" on their guess at this point because nobody knows how the season will go. Before last season people that predicted we'd go 6-6 would've probably been written off as idiots, haters, and everything else, but they'd have been right.

Billy Clyde

It's meaningless.

Writers and almost everyone else way underrated us in 2014 and 2017, and in 2016 and 2018 we ended up being way overrated in preseason. So nobody is "way off" on their guess at this point because nobody knows how the season will go. Before last season people that predicted we'd go 6-6 would've probably been written off as idiots, haters, and everything else, but they'd have been right.

Of course it's "meaningless," just like about 95% of threads and posts on this board. People post opinions. People respond to those posts with critiques of opinions. It's what we do here... I see you've got us going 9-3 in that "meaningless" season prediction thread, are you thinking we beat 2 of OU, UT and ISU but lose to Baylor and Purdue?

Wexahu

Of course it's "meaningless," just like about 95% of threads and posts on this board. People post opinions. People respond to those posts with critiques of opinions. It's what we do here... I see you've got us going 9-3 in that "meaningless" season prediction thread, are you thinking we beat 2 of OU, UT and ISU but lose to Baylor and Purdue?

It's just a guess. I don't know how the season will play out, like usual we'll probably win one or two we don't expect to and lose one too out of nowhere. To the point though, I'm not sure how someone could be "way off" on their guess at this point. There were a few others on here that predicted 7-5 if I remember right. Are those people a bunch of haters who have it out for TCU too?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I give him points for working "prattle" into a column devoted to pre-season speculation. Bully, sir! Bully!

While I think the Frogs have one more win in them than Mr. Henry, none of us really knows diddley-squat. Our most important position on the field is a question mark, and while the defense looks to be the stoutest it's been in many seasons, if we can't score we're not going to win.

Losing to Rape U.? "Shame! Eternal shame, and nothing but shame..."

SuperTFrog

We are such sensitive Sally’s. He doesn’t think we are going to be good. Don’t get your panties in a wad.

Also, guarantee Wexahu has us losing to Purdue. If Purdue was good enough to beat Ohio St last year, then certainly they will wipe the floor with us.

Frogo

Hey, he's a writer. He's got to write ...something. At least Henry can't be accused of being a homer. Or even an Engel, yet.

tcumaniac

I don't know who the darn John Henry is, but after reading this article I now at least know he's a dolt, and will avoid his articles in the future.

Billy Clyde

It's just a guess. I don't know how the season will play out, like usual we'll probably win one or two we don't expect to and lose one too out of nowhere. To the point though, I'm not sure how someone could be "way off" on their guess at this point. There were a few others on here that predicted 7-5 if I remember right. Are those people a bunch of haters who have it out for TCU too?

Da darn? reread my post on the subject. I specifically stated I do NOT believe John Henry is a "hater." Just that he's "way off" if he thinks we are losing to BU AND Purdue.

You, or he, or anyone else who thinks we are losing BOTH of those games (per his prediction, which I say is "way off"), I will happily entertain right now whatever wager anyone wants against that prediction. Bet big, please.

Billy Clyde

I don't know who the darn John Henry is, but after reading this article I now at least know he's a dolt, and will avoid his articles in the future.

You really don't want to do that. He's actually a very, very good writer- I'd say hands down the most talented they have at PressBox, which by default means the most talented in North Texas. I don't know what's causing him to make the prediction that he did, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming it's tequila.

Wexahu

We are such sensitive Sally’s. He doesn’t think we are going to be good. Don’t get your panties in a wad.

Also, guarantee Wexahu has us losing to Purdue. If Purdue was good enough to beat Ohio St last year, then certainly they will wipe the floor with us.

No, I actually don't if I were to try and pick game by game, but I do think it's a potential loss. We've got 12 games on the schedule and I think 9 of them are up for grabs, and my guess (it's only a wild guess) is that we'll go 6-3 in those games. I'm also pretty sure we're going to win at least one that surprises people and we'll lose at least one that nobody is counting on.

The me being an Ohio State fan thing is one tired bit, that's for sure.

Moose Stuff

He’s entitled to think we aren’t that good. I’m entitled to think he’s a moron. Maybe I’ll end up being the moron. It all seems fair.

FrogCop19

I give him points for working "prattle" into a column devoted to pre-season speculation. Bully, sir! Bully!

While I think the Frogs have one more win in them than Mr. Henry, none of us really knows diddley-squat. Our most important position on the field is a question mark, and while the defense looks to be the stoutest it's been in many seasons, if we can't score we're not going to win.

Losing to Rape U.? "Shame! Eternal shame, and nothing but shame..."
giphy.gif