• The KillerFrogs

Mentioned in a Donati Article

netty2424

Got a new phone. Re-installed FB app. Spent 30 minutes trying to remember, fail to remember, then re-set my password to log back in. Finally get there. About 4 posts in was some ridiculous racially charged political post from someone I haven’t seen since high school. I closed it out, haven’t been back on since.

netty2424

I’m pretty sure we are about the same age. I was asking a (mostly) honest question. I don’t hear much about it any more so I assumed it was dying off. I guess I was wrong. Although I wish it were.
It should die off. Not sure there’s a company out there that’s more careless with peoples information and privacy than FB. And with the amount of data mining companies are doing these days, that’s saying something.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

I’m pretty sure we are about the same age. I was asking a (mostly) honest question. I don’t hear much about it any more so I assumed it was dying off. I guess I was wrong. Although I wish it were.
Oh, no, I get ya. I was making the intentionally bad reference to my intentional bad art replies.

As for the book of faces, yeah, if you dont focus on only looking at certain folks, it's a beating. Lots of politics on there. And you cant really tell folks to darn off.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Oh, no, I get ya. I was making the intentionally bad reference to my intentional bad art replies.

As for the book of faces, yeah, if you dont focus on only looking at certain folks, it's a beating. Lots of politics on there. And you cant really tell folks to darn off.
Why not? If someone needs to darn off then someobody should tell that person what to do.

netty2424

Those private messages on FB you send? Not really so private.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/technology/facebook-privacy.html
There are endless examples of these issues both intentional and unintentional by FB. Yet no one really seems to care enough to tell them to piss off. That space is ripe for a competitor to come in and clean up that mess(and hopefully not sell out to FB).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...er-photos-to-developers/18064390/?version=amp

Mean Purple

Speaking of privacy, soooo, after the talk about Reed hall on another thread, I googled and found and a link to the Skiff in, as much as I could make out the year, 94. About the guy that got busted and how he had left the church he worked at. Other results led to a guy that seemed to be him, living in Florida.

We are all on the grid, whether we like the company or not.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Speaking of privacy, soooo, after the talk about Reed hall on another thread, I googled and found and a link to the Skiff in, as much as I could make out the year, 94. About the guy that got busted and how he had left the church he worked at. Other results led to a guy that seemed to be him, living in Florida.

I don’t social media except anonymously and use burner emails. All my traffic runs through a VPN I have set up in Phuket that bounces the signal though no less than 80 internet data terminals worldwide. On 5chan (where the hip hang out - 4chan is for noobs) I’m known as Peace Dot Com.

netty2424

I might have found the same link. But I couldn’t get it to open up. It was a pdf, assuming The Skiff. It was a TCU publication link.

Mean Purple

I might have found the same link. But I couldn’t get it to open up. It was a pdf, assuming The Skiff. It was a TCU publication link.
Pretty sure that was it.

I cant think of the skiff without thinking about my German class. Prof walked into class with a copy, gazed at thetitle, then joked that this means we are all a ship of fools. I had been quoted just days prior in one of those surveys the skiff staff used to take as students were walking in to get lunch. So I spent the next hour wondering if he was talking about me.