• The KillerFrogs

Lincoln Riley to the Browns?

Wexahu

Being discussed on ESPN right now. Makes some sense, especially given their current QB. Can we start a Go Fund Me account to help make it happen? Bet we can get GP to kick in the first million or so.

They were talking about the same thing this morning on the Ticket, except that it might be more likely that he goes to the Cowboys.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What 8 said.

Cleveland is the Coach's Graveyard. No amount of money is worth destroying your career in a game you love.

SnoSki

I wouldn’t do it if I were him. Cowboys maybe. If nfl is an aspiration then wait for a legend to retire or open up an OC slot.

BrewingFrog

To be fair, this is ESPN "speculation" as opposed to Lincoln Riley actually saying, "Gee, honey. I'm tired of being on top here in Norman, OK. Let's move to beautiful Cleveland, OH! Why, we'll make a ton of money, and the chili is great!"

BrewingFrog

To be fair, this is ESPN "speculation" as opposed to Lincoln Riley actually saying, "Gee, honey. I'm tired of being on top here in Norman, OK. Let's move to beautiful Cleveland, OH! Why, we'll make a ton of money, and the chili is great!"

BrewingFrog

Wexahu

why step into a job like that which is a complete disaster when he can be the king of his own kingdom in norman?

I don't know why a guy would rather coach in the NFL if he already had one of the plum jobs in college football, but NFL jobs still seem to be the ultimate for a lot of coaches. I guess not having to deal with 85+ knuckleheads on a daily basis would be the attraction.

Eight

I don't know why a guy would rather coach in the NFL if he already had one of the plum jobs in college football, but NFL jobs still seem to be the ultimate for a lot of coaches. I guess not having to deal with 85+ knuckleheads on a daily basis would be the attraction.

nick saban had a great job at lsu and went to miami which is a good location and solid ownership.

he had been a position coach and dc in the nfl prior to be the head college coach at michigan state and lsu so he had an idea of the demands of the nfl. he had ties to multiple people who could tell him what to expect in the nfl.

after two years at miami he could not leave the nfl fast enough and has never looked back regardless of the offers made to him

sure, bama is a plumb program, but so is ou. riley is the biggest show in the state.

all the resources he can ask, tradition, name recognition, the ability to call his own shots, and the knucklehead factor doesn't go away once they go to the nfl. heck, it is easier for ou to get rid of an idiot that an nfl team.

Wexahu

heck, it is easier for ou to get rid of an idiot that an nfl team.

The difference is the NFL pretty much handles the discipline side of it and when a player screws up bad enough to get suspended you just go pick another one up, you're not bound by scholarship limitations. The babysit factor is MUCH less in the NFL.

Eight

The difference is the NFL pretty much handles the discipline side of it and when a player screws up bad enough to get suspended you just go pick another one up, you're not bound by scholarship limitations. The babysit factor is MUCH less in the NFL.

no, no it isn't.

you do realize it is not uncommon for teams to have players followed and in the case of guys like pac man literally provided a driver to try to keep him out of trouble.

boykin's struggles after college are not an isolated case. marcus peters, pacman, randy gregory, those issues simply aren't handled by the league office

hell know a guy who signed a new contract in march, goes out and gets so drunk he and the driver of the car fall asleep on the shoulder of the new jersey turnpike in may. oh, forgot he was carrying a pistol with hollow points which is a big no-no in new jersey, and then gets suspended in august for ped's.

the last guy was a incredibly talented dumb ass in high school, same in college, and only got dumber in the nfl because he had money to get in even worse trouble

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
"NORMAN — Lincoln Riley – after being asked if he had any interest in coaching in the National Football League — says he has not entertained thoughts of departing Oklahoma.

“No, not right now,” Riley said while answering the first question during his Monday news conference. “I always want to be truthful. And the truth for me is I love Oklahoma. I love coaching here. I love college football. I certainly don’t have that itch right now. I don’t know if I ever will.”

“I’m never going to be a guy that’s going to stand up here and say ‘no way, no how will any of these things ever happen.’ I don’t know that.

“I know right now I could care less about the NFL. We’re trying to win this (Texas Tech) game and trying to make a run that we all think we have in us right now”"

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_f667f6d7-32de-57f8-9024-fba3d82be3e0.html

Translation: He gone.

Because recruiting and answering to academia seem like an asswhip to me. Also once you have a swim through the pros it looks like you can always land a gig there